Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Echo Calling another S23 Ultra

(Topic created on: 02-03-2023 02:53 AM)
Personal
Apprentice
Options

Samsung Support, Please Help.

Calling from my 3 days old S23 Ultra another S23 Ultra, there is an annoying echo, and hearing myself. T-Mobile told me to turn off Bixby features but the problem persists. Is anyone else facing this issue? This issue is not happening when calling other people. I tried using a Bluetooth headset, and the case is reduced but persists. 

I'm starting to change my mind about this phone.

27 REPLIES 27
Rover100
Journeyman
Options

Charlie,  Thanks, so you are using an Otterbox with no issues, hum.  Guess I will remove the case completely and see if that makes a difference.  Thanks

0 Likes
Charlie1200
Journeyman
Options

The ottobox I purchased didn't have the built in screen protector. The Tamden had the screen built in I think that is what caused the echo. 

0 Likes
SmallFish
Helping Hand
Options
Hmm... That could be the case causing obstruction, squeezing sides or vibrating, I guess. Interesting..

The Samsung clear case for the S23 ultra is extremely tight compared to the S22 Ultra version and also completely missing at the bottom apart from at the sides. Whilst this exposes more of the phone surface to potential damage, it means the microphones have no obstructions nearby.
0 Likes
Rover100
Journeyman
Options

The Otterbox case I have has both a tight plastic case that fits around the phone as well as a silicon rubber shell that then fits over the frame.  On the mic end there is an opening about 4 mm square and the mic is in this hollow.  Wonder if that is big enough to make a mini echo chamber? The mic is completely covered by this 4 mm boot.  As a hint it seems if the phone is on the charging stand that perhaps the stand is vibrating and carrying the sound up to the mic.  My wife noticed that as soon as I slid the phone up off the charging ledge and rested the bottom on the tabletop that the echo vanished.  Wonder if mic sensitivity can be adjusted?

0 Likes
kitkat0201
Student
Options

Yes my husband and I have the same issue

0 Likes
kitkat0201
Student
Options

My husband and I both have different cases and neither are the spider case. Not sure why that would matter or make a difference. It's only when I call his ultra 23. I don't have this issue with anyone else. It is extremely annoying.

0 Likes
Rover100
Journeyman
Options

Update:  see if one or both of your phones are in Wi-Fi mode and not 4/5G mode.  Seems even with Wi-Fi turned off, at power up if it sees a Wi-Fi network it turns on.  Have noticed the echo most when the phone calls are going over Wi-Fi as it doesn't seem to be fast enough to keep up with the phone.

Members_db4WOtz
First Poster
Options

Thankyou so much i took my case off as having same issue and it was the case

0 Likes