Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delayed Notifications

(Topic created on: 03-05-2023 08:49 AM)
Jaybee360
Voyager
Options
Has anyone else experienced this at all?

I've had a few occurrences where notifications haven't appeared until I've unlocked my screen. It's not all the time and just seems to be completely random.

I've submitted reports to Samsung and they acknowledged that they could see the issue and where reaching out to Google for advice.

Not sure if that's means it's a Google thing or Samsung need assistance from Google to help.

I'm still trying to figure out if this is down to WiFi6. These have all happened on a WiFi6 network.

Reverting the network back down to Wifi5 and will keep an eye on things 

Has anyone else had these issues? If so, what were your network conditions like? Have you reported the issue to Samsung and had feedback?
0 Likes
21 REPLIES 21
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @Jaybee360 

The difficulty with delays like this is obviously troubleshooting what's causing it.

I assume none of the apps are in Sleep or Deep Sleep ?

And the apps preferences are allowed to use background activity and your phone can switch between connections. 

Then there's the possibility of network congestion. 

I've had delayed notifications which was down to my network. I use two physical sim cards from two different networks. I no longer have delayed notifications. 

If I can be of any further help then please don't hesitate. Take care.  😎 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
nowdeleted
Big Cheese
Options
Could just be your network been a little slow.
0 Likes
Jaybee360
Voyager
Options
All Samsung battery saving stuff is disabled/turned off. All apps that I need are to set to unrestricted in the battery optimisation.

The network isn't congested. This tends to be more if the phone hasn't been used for a while.

Like I mentioned, Samsung acknowledged in the report that they could see the issue and reached out to Google for help. This indicates either a Samsung software issue or an issue with Core android or core Android app/service.
Jaybee360
Voyager
Options
The network is fine. The S21 never had this issue in the 2 years I used it in this setup.

Saying that, the only change is WiFi6, which is why I've dropped back down to WiFi 5
0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

OK @Jaybee360 

Do please let us know how you get on.

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
Jaybee360
Voyager
Options
Already had one. 9 minute delay. I guess it could be down to individual apps and how they're set... 🤷
0 Likes
ruuvvi
Navigator
Options

I'm having the same issue with some of my apps. Most annoying issue is with my camera doorbell. Notifications comes minutes later so doorbell is useless at the moment. This happens with both Wifi(6) and also when in cellular network. This is also happening with my parking app and bank app. Whatsapp and sms messaging notifications seems to work.

This issue was not there when I bought this S23 ultra so it must have came in some sw update.

I'm not having any battery / data saver on.

Jaybee360
Voyager
Options
Yep. It came with the April update I think. That was the only 'big' update we've had so far.

You need to report these as soon as they happen via the members app. Something obviously isn't right, just hope Samsung can figure it or revert whatever they changed.
0 Likes
ruuvvi
Navigator
Options

I reported these issues via members app

0 Likes