Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Front camera S23 Ultra

(Topic created on: 03-05-2023 07:11 AM)
Renars
Voyager
Options
Hi all...
I'm not use my S23 Ultra a lot. Most of just calls and sms. Now I was in hospital for one week and I realised that front camera is very bad for S23 Ultra. I'm not even talk about video calls on messenger and what's up in dark time- quality is very very bad. My old Note 8 was much better like S23 Ultra. Any advice why? Maybe I need to change some settings in camera app or phone app. Have a nice day.
15 REPLIES 15
Libb
MegaStar
Options

I don't whink that the front camera is bad. Please ensure that the camera is clean and youi don't use an protector which covers the camera.

Xiaomi 14 Ultra White + Photography Kit | Samsung Galaxy Tab S9 256GB
Samsung Galaxy Watch 5 Pro | Samsung Galaxy Buds / Buds2 / Buds2 Pro

Renars
Voyager
Options
Camera is clean, no protectors at all, in dark time front camera on video calls is very bad, fogy.
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

The 12Mp front facing camera should be more than ample to provide a good stable selfie @Renars 

It should adjust to provide a good result in dark conditions.

Please go into your Battery and Device Care Section and run the diagnostic tool to see if this highlights anything. 

There's also test options via dialing *#0*# in your phone dialer.

A Samsung Service Centre can certainly look at your phone and or send feedback via your Samsung Members App.

If I can be of any further help then please don't hesitate. Take care.  😎 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

Renars
Voyager
Options
It's just on in dark time. Day time everything works great. Yesterday I read on this site that louds of people have the same problem.
0 Likes
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Where there is inadequate light, grain is normal. Remember, cameras don't see what the eyes can.
AndrewL
Options

@Renars: If you're in a dark environment while using the front facing camera, then you may wish to try opening the Camera app, swiping over to 'More' and selecting 'Night' mode. Let me know if this helps. 

Renars
Voyager
Options
Yes I know that but in general S23 Ultra front camera video calls etc in dark time is very poor
0 Likes
Renars
Voyager
Options
While u use video call in dark time face came is very bad and problem is u can not change settings on messenger, whats up or viber, that problem is in phone.
0 Likes
Geor14
First Poster
Options
Same problem front camare don't work well on video calls or video record on the dark