Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Copy paste problem

(Topic created on: 24-02-2023 02:59 PM)
johnordovas
Student
Options
I am new with the S23 and I have an issue with not being able to copy from a smart selection. I typically want to screenshot, copy and paste in other places.

I have looked in various forums and the only option seems to be to download a third party app, which I don't feel secure. I know I can share directly to app, but this doesn't always work, in particular as not all apps are made available to share.

Anyone have any suggestions on how to resolve? For such an expensive phone, it's crazy this is an issue

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6
GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
I generally save the screenshot and then add it back from the gallery.

Also most things should be in the clipboard which you should be able to access.
Neo001
Legend
Options

Hi,

After you have used smart select to capture something, do you not get a pin/insert option? Once it is pinned, you can insert it in apps that support drag and drop.

Ps: I tried this on S22+

Screenshot_20230224_182820_Samsung capture.jpg

0 Likes
davehorne
Troubleshooter
Options

I copy material either using the S-Pen (Smart select) or selecting text, whatever, with my finger and drag my finger (or S-Pen) down to highlight what I want to copy.  I also use Edge Panel / Clipboard that holds the material for later use.  With the Edge Panel / Clipboard, you can pin copied material to hold that material for as long as you want.

I was one of the first to use ClipMate on my then Windows 3.1 computer ... this was a very long time ago.  That was a great Copy and Paste utility.  You could copy literally hundreds of 'clips' and then paste them back sequentially (Power Paste), great for transferring material from one program to another (before we had everything more automated).

Screenshot_20230224_200243_Google News.jpg

Watch4 Classic
Galaxy S24 Ultra / 512 GB / Microsoft Launcher / Spigen Thin Fit case
0 Likes
johnordovas
Student
Options
Thank you to all. Coming from iOS with a simple "copy to clipboard" option when sharing, it feels very cumbersome to pin then reduce size so you can see what you are doing, then drag then close the pin etc. Anyways thanks again
Neo001
Legend
Options

If you use Samsung Keyboard, then there is an option to store screenshots in the clipboard. You can enable "Save screenshots to clipboard" setting in Samsung Keyboard settings.

Screenshot_20230224_210420_Samsung Internet.jpg

Pagerealty
First Poster
Options

It's October, but I was searching for a solution to the copy and paste issue on S23's. I'm sure you have figured it out by now but I'm answering this to help others, as it took over an hour of googling, to find the answer.
1. Turn on the clipboard in Edge Panels. 2. Then when you hold down on the text in messages, you'll see a two boxes intertwined at the top of your screen, tap that (that copies your text) and then you can you can go wherever you want, hold down with your finger, and the paste option will appear.

0 Likes