Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

converting jpg to pdf ... possibly off topic

(Topic created on: 12-06-2023 03:50 PM)
davehorne
Hotshot
Options

I had to send a nine page form to my financial institution and used the S23 Ultra to take nine jpgs;  I no longer use my old flatbed scanner, it's going on 20 years old, I think.

I initially took and tried to send all nine jpgs but the institution has a size limit.  I searched 'convert jpg to pdf', used the first hit, combined all nine photos to one pdf, and sent that on.  Piece of cake.

It seemed a tad tedious to perform this action on the phone, so I used my desktop.

Would this have been just as easy to perform just using the phone?  (My mind is fried ... and it's quite warm here as well.)

Watch4 Classic
Galaxy S24 Ultra / 512 GB / Microsoft Launcher / Spigen Thin Fit case
6 REPLIES 6
-Robot-
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Use the Adobe scanner sofware it will auto convert to pdf
davehorne
Hotshot
Options

Yea, I spent a little more time on the phone.

I downloaded Adobe Acrobat and Adobe Scan apps to the phone.  

When I used that free online utility on my desktop computer, it combined all nine jpgs as one but you could still tell they were originally photos. 

When I used the apps from Adobe, it combined all the photos but made it look like one very long pdf, which looked better.

Using the phone would have been easier and would have saved me time (though the online form I had to use was certainly easier to navigate on my desktop).

Watch4 Classic
Galaxy S24 Ultra / 512 GB / Microsoft Launcher / Spigen Thin Fit case
0 Likes
KP_76
Voyager
Options
There's a couple of easy ways. The first is to open the Image, click on Print, then you then have the option to save the image as a PDF.

The other is to use a 3rd party app. I have used this one and it works nice...

https://image2pdf.page.link/share
Welshwoody83
Journeyman
Options
On my s23 ultra, if you open the gallery app, select a few photos then choose "Create" PDF is an option in there
0 Likes
Welshwoody83
Journeyman
Options
The bottom optionScreenshot_20230612_232359_Gallery.jpg
0 Likes
Sirfoxelot
Pathfinder
Options
Samsung notes lets you do this.

Open a new note, tap the attachment icon at the top and select Scan.

Take your pictures

Then save as a PDF
0 Likes