Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S23 Ultra driving me insane!

(Topic created on: 12-06-2023 02:27 PM)
ryanhamilton7
Apprentice
Options
My last four consecutive phones have all been from the Galaxy S range (S10/S10+/S21U/S23U), but I've never experienced this issue on my previous Galaxy devices, or any other Android phone for that matter!

Whichever music/podcast streaming app I'm using (tried Tidal, Spotify, Qobuz, Google Podcasts and YouTube Music) in the car, I seem to get a LOT of buffering and skipping. I didn't have this problem on my S21 Ultra (notably this phone as its also 5G), so I don't understand what's going wrong. I haven't moved and this occurs in the same places on my commute to work where I've never had any issue before.

I have tried lowering *wince* my audio quality settings, but that's had absolutely no effect whatsoever. It's like it's not loading as fast as it's playing, and I don't know where to go. I've tried checking battery/performance settings to see if the app is being monitored/throttled, but can't seem to find anything that works

Has anyone got any suggestions? 
7 REPLIES 7
ryanhamilton7
Apprentice
Options
If this helps, my current signal and speeds whole I'm encountering the issueScreenshot_20230612_143230_Speedtest.jpg
0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

My own experience is with Spotify while commuting on public transport and via walking and haven't experienced buffering and I have everything I can tweaked up in Spotify etc so I can only think this maybe mast congestion which unfortunately you won't be able to lnkw for sure as this does not typically show up on cell checkers.

If I can be of any further help then please don't hesitate. Take care.  😎 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
ryanhamilton7
Apprentice
Options
Thank you. I'm not 100% sure as there's some pretty quiet areas I drive through that still shows strong connection (obviously unable to speedtest while driving lol).

Could it be a Bluetooth problem maybe? I have tried unpairing and repairing but it didn't work, just frustrating that it's a new issue and can't work it out haha. My brother is on the same network with his S21U and has sat in the car with me and didn't experience this
0 Likes
Dave123456789
Navigator
Options
Could be aggressive battery saving management, try forcing the app in question to stay open? Just a suggestion
0 Likes
ryanhamilton7
Apprentice
Options
As in from Overview, the Keep Open option? I'll give anything a go lolScreenshot_20230613_134538_One UI Home.jpg
Dave123456789
Navigator
Options
Yeah correct, I do that with Spotify and it helps. Also look into developer options to see what audio codec your phone is trying to use with your car, force it to SBC if possible and not already doing
0 Likes
ryanhamilton7
Apprentice
Options
School run test with Keep Open on... Doesn't stop it but seems to help. Also seems to help if the screen is on with the app open
0 Likes