Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Casting not working

(Topic created on: 01-01-2024 12:03 AM)
BigPhil77
Explorer
Options
I've had my Samsung S23 Ultra 5 days & I'm very happy with it although I'm shocked to discover there's no casting capability even using Smart View, I've tried tapping on the Smart View 10x to bring up the secret menu but nothing is happening! I believe ONE UI just had another update 6.0 to take away this capability! So what do I do to get my phone to recognise & cast to my Google TV?
5 REPLIES 5
davehorne
Troubleshooter
Options

1000007346.jpg

I own an S23 Ultra and if I, for example, open YouTube, at the top of the screen (within YouTube), there's an icon for casting.  I can send a video, in this case, to my older Sony TV or my newer Samsung without any issues.  

What happens when you try that?  

Watch4 Classic
Galaxy S24 Ultra / 512 GB / Microsoft Launcher / Spigen Thin Fit case
BigPhil77
Explorer
Options
I have the cast symbol it just refuses to pick up my Google TV
0 Likes
davehorne
Troubleshooter
Options

Is there a cast option buried in the menu of the TV?   Just a thought ... and forgive if you've gone through the TV's menu thoroughly. 

Watch4 Classic
Galaxy S24 Ultra / 512 GB / Microsoft Launcher / Spigen Thin Fit case
0 Likes
BigPhil77
Explorer
Options
Nah ONE UI as just had an update because there used to be a secret menu accessible using Smart View whereas you pressed the Smart View word on the About page for 10x & the secret menu would give you the option of turning on Google TV cast option but it seems Samsung have now Taken away that secret menu & it seems Samsung along with Google doesn't want you casting I'm all out of ideas
0 Likes
carguy143
Pathfinder
Options
Use the Google Home app to cast your screen.

Here's a short I just made.
https://youtu.be/uaMxWo_dzhQ?si=ZQVBdQRwdM9lT0yp
0 Likes