Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Camera Not Getting Colour right

(Topic created on: 04-04-2023 12:13 PM)
PaulC59
Troubleshooter
Options
Just wondering if anyone else is having issues with camera not taking pictures of white items without putting a tint on them?

I have just took a picture of a blank page below which shows a blue tint over the image

This causes problems when printing off especially in mono as what should be white is printed off gray or black? Quite a nuisance if the image is a label

Blank page notepad

21 REPLIES 21
Fiona26
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options
I'm not experiencing this on my ultra model. Have you tried clearing cache or even data for the camera app. Not caused by a case you are using or lense protectors?
PaulC59
Troubleshooter
Options
This is the same image with the flash changed from auto to on. It seems strange to have to use the flash during daylight? This happens indoors e.g in car or in supermarkets when taking photo of shopping receipts20230404_121521_1000009044_1680606947.jpg
PaulC59
Troubleshooter
Options
I am using the Samsung smart view case which has cut outs with the stock camera with default settings so flash is on auto etc. I'll try clearing the cache but it seems to be over compensating when flash is off. I haven't received the April update yet so hopefully the camera improvements might address this
Fiona26
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options
Try to clear the data of the camera app. It will put all settings to default. Worth a try to see if it fixes, just incase it is setting causing this.
PaulC59
Troubleshooter
Options
Will try it, I did clear cache and no change. I have the Samsung camera assistant installed not sure if that does anything, I checked it's cache and nothing there, I think it just adds options in the app
PaulC59
Troubleshooter
Options
Tried clearing data and no change. It's a sunny day so I'm wondering if sensor could be picking up tint from windows or light bouncing of seats or something. I'll try it inside supermarket to see if it changes but it's quite odd. It does improve if you move further away from the object or different angles so it does seem to be the cameras sensor picking something up or a filter over compensating?
GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Out of curiosity. have you tried taking the photo without the case on
PaulC59
Troubleshooter
Options
I didn't try that earlier but I'll give it a try tomorrow. I doubt it making a difference but it's definitely worth trying if nothing else to rule it out
0 Likes
PaulC59
Troubleshooter
Options
I tried taking several pictures today with and without the case (Samsung Smart View) and the pictures appear to be identical so I don't think the case has any impact on the pictures other than to creat shade when taking close ups. I also couldn't replicate the blue tint but it was a dull rainy day today. The blue tint seems to be related to when it is very sunny outside and taking photos inside the car. However I have previously experienced issues when trying to take pictures of tags and labels on laptops, routers etc with no flash it sometimes **bleep** a shade over the image but with flash it's too bright and obscures the image, if you go too far away to take image with no flash it struggles to get sufficient detail to zoom in. I don't think it's an issue with the camera or phone, I think it's the software that seems to compensate with a filter in certain circumstances, which you can see when you move the phone closer and further away or different angles as you can see the filter engage and release as you move the phone, kind of like autofocus but adding a filter instead.

PS the pictures today were of shopping receipts and although we're a little yellowy white, they were acceptable
0 Likes