Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Battery drains quite quickly

(Topic created on: 19-12-2023 10:49 PM)
zabb
First Poster
Options
I read somewhere the s23 ultra battery should last 2 days but I typically get around 7h when a lot of people are get 9h. Is it true that it can take 4 weeks for the phone to learn your usage and it'll improve slowly? 
0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8
Piper123
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Hey there

Your S23U will spend several weeks getting to know your usage.

When did you get it? Recently?

That said, 7 hours of screen time if you're constantly touching the screen as well isn't hugely far off the mark.

I charge mine daily and reckon I get about 9 - 10 screen time hours so you should be getting a little bit more.
GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Don't get hung up on. SOT as it depends on apps used.

If you binge on Netflix on wifi will probably hit 11 hours SOT
zabb
First Poster
Options
I got it two weeks ago.

I thought I should be getting at least 9h even if use it quite a lot.

Do you think it will take several weeks for it to run the battery at its maximum capacity and for it to last longer
0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@zabb 

Battery stats and usage time's is a subjective topic as we all use our phone's differently, and have different apps / themes, Internet apps and launchers etc. 

It usually takes around one week for the learning phase. 

Check your Device Care Section under Battery to see what's using your battery and then use deep or deep sleep options if necessary and or look at the preferences settings of the apps. 

Vampire apps such as social media can drain a phone as there always working in the background updating. 

All sorts of functions use your battery such as weather that will use your location settings etc. 

Low signal can cause the phone to work harder to maintain connection.

5G connection can use more battery. 

If you perform a forum search, you'll find more information on existing threads that discuss what uses battery and more tips on how to minimise usage. 

Try not to get caught up in stats and enjoy your use of your phone. 

One good tip I learnt a few years ago was to turn off the battery % sign in the phone's status bar as you can become drawn to it instead of enjoying using your phone. 

If I can be of any further help then please don't hesitate. Take care.  😎 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

Bigtasty65
Hotshot
Options
I agree with everything said above. It's so varied with people's usage and apps they have installed. Don't worry about SOT and battery life. Just use your phone as you normally would and enjoy what it can do. Then plug in to charge when needed. Let's face it, how do people do a day's work when they have their phone display on for 7+ hours per day?
0 Likes
KP_76
Voyager
Options

If you have a Light profile activated with your display set at FHD, with power saving mode on, then you will get plenty of batter use. But what's the point of getting this phone if all you're going to do is limit its use? That's like buying a Ferrari to take it to go shopping at a local Sainsbury's.

Unless you have no charging points around you most of the time, or are getting severe battery drain, I would say embrace the 7 hours you get and enjoy your phone. 

0 Likes
RXM
Troubleshooter
Options
Yeah I've never understood the whole let's get a S23 Ultra but retroactively turn it basically into an A series phone through the settings just to get a few more hours out of it. QHD+, 120HZ, high brightness, dark mode for me. Have airplane mode activated whilst at home then WiFi calls activated so my 2 Sims don't destroy my battery then turn it off when going to work. Using routines to do these things automatically helps but you just need to sit and think about what works best. Not even sure what my SOT is as I never look.
0 Likes
Dman85
Pathfinder
Options
I deleted meta services and some Google apps ,battery is amazing 1703988008047.jpg1703988008065.jpg
0 Likes