Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Battery drain since latest update

(Topic created on: 18-04-2024 06:04 PM)
Shrek99
Journeyman
Options
Has anyone else experienced battery drain since the latest update? My phone is 3 months old with hardly any use. Ive had numerous samsungs in my days and havent experienced such a new phone to go through the battery like this one does. Yes i have 5g and location ect on but i never noticed any drain on previous updates, Ever since they have brought in samsung AI into the update this is when i noticed the drain hitting
32 REPLIES 32
tinglish
Hotshot
Options
It is not accurate to assume that the majority of Samsung S23 series users are experiencing issues with OneUI 6.1 based solely on the number of complaints on forums. Individuals are more likely to express dissatisfaction than satisfaction in such platforms. While it is true that some users may be encountering problems, it is not representative of the majority. It is important to note that the company is aware of these issues and is actively working on resolving them.🙂
0 Likes
Danielhungary
Navigator
Options

I am a little tired of texting a bot.

We don't say, anything represents a majority. But significance matters. So many people experienced this right after the 6.1 update. Phones heating from nothing. Phones that were previously not heating.

This is undisputably due to the update and should not happen with a flagship, even if we are only "a minority" (conspiracy).

tinglish
Hotshot
Options
Read his comment ☝️,he clearly said majority 🤷‍♂️
0 Likes
gideeup6
Explorer
Options

Well it's just as inaccurate of you to claim that it's not a majority or just "some" s23 users with absolutely zero evidence to back that up. Also if it is just a small minority of users affected then why would we assume the company knows it and is working on it? Go through these forums and search one ui 6.1 or s23 and you will blasted with reports of this issue. This is not just a small issue.

0 Likes
tinglish
Hotshot
Options
I don't think there is 100 (different users)complaints on here regarding one ui 6.1 issues,which when you consider the amount of s23 series phone users out there,then no it isn't the "majority".
Again I'm not saying there isn't an issue and neither is Samsung by the looks of it 🤷‍♂️
0 Likes
gideeup6
Explorer
Options
  • Don't think or don't know? Exactly how many update battery drain posts on Samsung's forum and exactly how many responses from people saying they are also having the same issue on each of these posts? Then, how many forum users are there in relation to the amount of Galaxy users who got the one ui 6 update? Once you've compiled all of that you may have some idea of how widespread it is. Of course if you don't have you data you have absolutely no clue about it.

tinglish
Hotshot
Options

By that logic,neither do you 😅.
I know s23 series sold a little over 31 million units as of March this year I believe.
So yeah I would say that not the "majority" of users are complaining,as there aren't 10's of millions of complaints about it.
Even if there are hundreds of thousands complaints sadly that would only be a small number compared to the amount sold.
And again I'm not saying there isn't an issue,and can imagine how frustrating it is for those people(including yourself) 😔,I'd be p****d if I had these issues.
But to use the quote "majority " just isn't accurate,people are quicker to complain than praise,that's just human nature.

Hopefully Samsung sends a fix out soon for you and the rest of users who are having problems 🤞

0 Likes
Danielhungary
Navigator
Options

On top of that there is Reddit, Quora, X, even people's Facebook.

Many people don't even ask help online. A minority reports the issue in their phone. But really many people just gets annoyed at their phones, being cluelessly annoyed. Again, we much assume many people even doesn't notice, that they have to charge it more often - they just charge it more often.

Obviously this is a scandal.

0 Likes
Danielhungary
Navigator
Options

Means that it is hot in my hand as of just typing right now. It never became hot.

Meaning that I must keep it in charger over night. Previously I relied on it surviving the night going to sleep with 56%. Now it died over night - from 56%.

0 Likes
Danielhungary
Navigator
Options

True that we don't know if it is a majority. So that was bad wording. But a significant effect for sure, and such a significant effect should never happen on a premium flagship phone, hence I will be jumping to the hands of Apple now. I feel like the biggest fool walking around waiting for a potential fix (they have admitted nothing). Meanwhile my phone suffers permanent battery damage. Thanks Samsung.

0 Likes