Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup not working

(Topic created on: 18-05-2023 09:30 AM)
jvk
Voyager
Options
This morning, my S23 Ultra cannot do a backup. Each time the process starts, a message comes up saying "unable to complete backup". I tried rebooting the phone but still no joy. It's not a problem with storage space as I am on a Google family plan which has 102gb storage space and is just 12% used. Any suggestions greatly appreciated. Thanks. 
0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6
nowdeleted
Big Cheese
Options
Are you using WiFi or mobile data ??
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

This has happened to me too @jvk and resolved itself.

Bit you could try Clear Cache Files from the phone's System Partition Section  > https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-do-i-clear-the-cache-on-my-device/ You may need to insert your earphones or hook upto a powered On Laptop to access the Clear Partition Section. This may help with lag or stutters as this clears the phone of old/unused or broken cache files.There is also a Repair Apps option in the Menu System too. 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

jvk
Voyager
Options
Wifi
0 Likes
jvk
Voyager
Options
I think I have identified the problem. It appears that an app called BLOKK interferes with the backup process. When I turn it off, backup completes fine. Thanks for all the help and suggestions.
davehorne
Troubleshooter
Options

I realize I'm late to the party,  but there was a Samsung issue a few days ago.  I went to update my wife's phone (Google Play Store / Galaxy Play Store) and clicking on the Galaxy Play Store produced an error I had never seen before.  

I tired to update programs on my phone in the Galaxy Store and came across the same message.  

Everything was fine later in the day.  

Watch4 Classic
Galaxy S24 Ultra / 512 GB / Microsoft Launcher / Spigen Thin Fit case
0 Likes
PaulM1
Options

Thanks for letting us know what was causing the issue, @jvk. It's always helpful to provide such an update, as other S23 Ultra users may have experienced an issue like this - so it makes it easier to identify the possible cause.

I'm glad that you have now managed to back up your S23 Ultra.

0 Likes