Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto lens switching fail. Please fix.

(Topic created on: 09-03-2023 11:22 AM)
kobresia
Pioneer
Options
Just made this little clip while frustratingly trying to get a macro shot. 
As you can see at the start, auto lens switching is toggled off.
Clearly this toggle does not work at all as seen in the video.
Please fix this asap Samsung. It is driving me, and surely many others, absolutely nuts.

0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Unfortunately your video is not showing.
I quite often just select the wide angle camera for macro photos. As sometimes it switches to another camera or focus at certain angles
Though the auto is handy for those have to be quick photos
What is it doing with you when you try to get a macro photo
0 Likes
kobresia
Pioneer
Options
No idea why the video isn't uploading...
My issue is that the camera is constantly switching lenses while trying to take a shot, even with auto lens switching disabled.
It's very annoying to say the least.
0 Likes
kobresia
Pioneer
Options
How are you manually selecting wide-angle on your phone? I don't even see that option in the list of camera types or in the 'more' list.
0 Likes
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Just in the camera App
You have 0.6, 1, 3, 10
Just select the wide angle 0.6 for macro photos
0 Likes
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Videos need approval, so may be a little later it shows
kobresia
Pioneer
Options
Oh right ok. Thanks.
0 Likes
kobresia
Pioneer
Options
Tried this and its not that great for the super close ups I'm trying to get. I tend to use around 1.5 and then when I move something towards the camera it switches to a different lens which allows excellent focus on things when they're very close to the lens. Obviously this only works when it doesn't keep switching lens back by itself.
It seems to act differently depending on what is being photographed. Some things, like my hand, work great and the lens never changes back on its own. Other things with a more complex shape though, seem a bit trickier for the camera and it will often switch back the lens by itself.
If only there was a toggle to disable this auto lens switching. Oh wait...
0 Likes
Erniec53
First Poster
Options

I struggled a long time with that.  Turning of auto lens selection does not turn it off.....go figure.

However, if you select "more..." and then the Pro mode, it seems to stick to a lens quite nicely.   It also has a manual focus, which may be good for eyepiece photography. 

0 Likes