Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apps opening on their own

(Topic created on: 29-11-2023 12:18 PM)
JHOD
Apprentice
Options

Hello all, just wondering if anyone else has had this happen. On my galaxy s23, a lot of the time when unlocking the phone using the fingerprint, upon unlocking, an app on the phone will automatically open. It's always an app that happens to be on the main screen, so it's as if my thumb is touching the app from having used the fingerprint to  unlock the phone, but it's not. Sometimes it's an app that's on the main screen,  but my thumb wasn't even close to. Anyone else have this happen? Anyone have a solution? Thanks so much in advance!

52 REPLIES 52
Tourbillon De La Vie
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

Try updating to Samsung One UI Home 15.0.05.5

Members_tuXhRmu
First Poster
Options

Hello, I have same story after android 14 and one ui 6 installed. Reported to Samsung member but no advice given. 

NiKRuLeZ
Navigator
Options

I have the same issue on my S23 too! Intermittently when I unlock using finger print, it auto opens a random app ... mostly facebook! Not sure if it's purely linked to the apps on the homescreen or not.

This is so annoying! Is this definitely linked to something to do with One UI?

Vikpamfy
Journeyman
Options

Same thing here but for me it's the camera app. I have it on my home screen right down corner.

Jetski123
Student
Options

Same problem. Any new uppdate on this issue?

JHOD
Apprentice
Options

Not yet.  Still happening unfortunately. 

0 Likes
JasonReynolds
Student
Options

I have been having the same issue since installing UI 6.  Super annoying!!

Northy1552
Student
Options

Im having the exact same issue on both my s21 and s22 since updating to the latest UI its incredibly anoying. 

Lover22
First Poster
Options
I have an S22 and getting the same thing