Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

App notifications only come through when I turn on vpn

(Topic created on: 28-05-2023 09:09 PM)
Leequ
Navigator
Options
I have the s23 ultra and recently got myself a vpn. Only turn it on when doing work on my phone, however since using a vpn, I'm no longer receiving app notifications. For example, if I get a WhatsApp message, I don't receive a notification but if I open the app I could have new messages. Nike and Adidas notifications only turn up when I turn on the VPN.

Any suggestions? 

#vpn, #s23ultra, #notifications 
0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
-Robot-
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Maybe the vpn software causing this issue, try uninstall and see if they come back. I have not had that issue with personal (nordvpn) and for work I just use my phone as a hot spot and vpn is handled by my laptop (Cisco)

What vpn do you use?
Members_XUYNURM
Student
Options

Hi Leequ,

Did you find a fix? I've been having exactly the same issue S20 & nordvpn.

Leequ
Navigator
Options
I haven't and still continue to have the same issue, even though apps are set to send me a notification. I use windscribe. When it's turned I, I receive a raft of notifications. When it's turned off, not behind a VPN I receive little to non.
0 Likes
Members_XUYNURM
Student
Options

My issue is resolved. I had no issues accessing any websites, however it turns out it was the network provider (Three). for some reason they had activated age restricted content. I'd seen somewhere else that somebody else had encountered something similar.

Straight after Three lifted the age restrcted access My Notifications for things like Whats app, emails etc started working without the VPN.

I'd double check the network has your age restricted content turned off.  I'd forgotten how annoying Notifications are, but I'd still rather have them. 

Good luck.

0 Likes