Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

One Ui 6.1 navigation Bar

(Topic created on: a month ago)
Køi
First Poster
Options

Samsung S23 Ultra updated today and I am seriously irritated with this update. First thing I noticed my navigation bar, I had the option of swipe or buttons. I have always used swipe for navigation and my recent apps were on the right and my back to the left with home being center. You used to be able to choose left or right for either. Now it is incredibly difficult to get to my recently used apps. Everytime I used the navigation bar it sends me to the home screen. If I wanted to go to the home screen I'd swipe in the middle. Everywhere does it now. Can't go back a page or to recent apps it all sends me home. There's an annoying period where you have to hold to get recent apps to show up. This is stupid and inefficient. Secondly it keeps opening apps up when I'm trying to scroll through my pages of apps that I'm not selecting just trying to turn the page and it's not responding correctly just opening apps. Very disappointed so far and will continue to notice things I hate about this update throughout the day. Wish they would revert the update. 

93 REPLIES 93
Piper123
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Hey there

If you click on the 3 straight lines in your navigation bar, you can go back or forth between last apps, website etc.
PlantPot
Pioneer
Options
I've just had the 6.1 update. The gesture navigation works the same as 6.0 for me. The irriration I found was that it put a permanent line at the bottom of the screen. This I think is supposed to be a hint for the new circle to search feature that I don't want so I used Goodlock to re-enable the control to turn it off.
Tourbillon De La Vie
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

Use Goodlock and NavStar and fix all those complaints 

Ksmy89
Troubleshooter
Options
Firstly, download Good Lock app from the Galaxy Store and then download Navstar within Good Lock. Under swipe gestures at the bottom, toggle navstar on and then enable extra gesture settings.

Then go to settings>display>navigation bar>more options

You will be able to select 'swipe from bottom' or 'swipe from sides and bottom'.

You can also toggle off the gesture hint so that the line(s) disappear.1712119950734.jpg1712119950770.jpg1712120471705.jpg
Zteve
Explorer
Options
I refuse to use third party stuff to solve this issue.

Samsung. Let us hide it like on s24s apparently.
Ksmy89
Troubleshooter
Options
It's not third party apps, Goodlock is a Samsung app from the Galaxy Store.

The S24 devices also have to do the same, as I have shown you in the screenshots above.
Zteve
Explorer
Options
Yeah I figured it out and returned it to normal. So strange and annoying that we have to use an app to return functionality
GoHawksthe12
First Poster
Options

It's wild they hide this stuff behind extra apps. 

Bushboss22
Apprentice
Options
Recent apps gesture is swipe up and hold