Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3 points definitely to improve in next update

(Topic created on: 25-06-2023 07:45 PM)
tomi16
Student
Options

That is strange, but compared to my previous Galaxy's  - S23 version (basic) do not have in settings option to "change resolution" - please add this in next build - OR maybe add option to enlarge a little Status Bar,  as by default that is too little!

Another case is  Adaptive Brightness - I am used to adjusing and letting Android learn proper level in different conditions. BUT in some conditions whatever I adjust manually - brightness goes always to MAX. If about really full sun conditions - that is reasonable, but device decides too early (in too medium sun) about automatically pushing to MAX . There should be possibility in "Adaptive Brightness" to define MAX level manually.

Last point is notification menu messages: "app... displays over other apps" - in most installed apps that is one time message, but while using i.e. app "Yanosik" for car navigation (so regularly) - this notification shows each time and when entering "Android system" notification settings - that is impossible to turn off this settings. OR (if there is different way) please explain how to do that.

Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2
Fiona26
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
With the s23 series the ultra has the 3 options for resolution. Where the base model does not have WQHD resolution, meaning you only have FHD option. This is why no option for resolution in settings anymore. Good lock from the galaxy store is great for customising your phone. Worth downloaded. You can change status bar, not sure if you can change the size, worth giving it ago.
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Yes unfortunately the base model does have not have all the options provided by the ultra models @tomi16 

I don't think it would be a negative move for Samsung to change this in future models to provide a more level playing field.

Time will tell.

I agree that adaptive brightness can be a little bit hit and miss which is why I usually opt to disable this and manually set my brightness. 

It would be beneficial to also send feedback via your Samsung Members App. 

If I can be of any further help then please don't hesitate. Take care.  😎 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "