Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

120hz

(Topic created on: 14-09-2023 02:56 PM)
AshtabS9Ultra
Mastermind
Options
Does anyone know why the ultra only scales down to 24hz? I'm guessing it's due to smoothness as my iPhone 14 pro max 120hz was as juddery as an 8fps video you may as well of disabled it. If anyone knows why it would be interesting. Correct me if I'm wrong but a static page or at least the AOD should be 1hz? I will say though the 120hz on this phone is the smoothest I have ever seen. 
11 REPLIES 11
jay1968
Explorer
Options
May be is on batery saving
AshtabS9Ultra
Mastermind
Options
Never thought of that 🤔
0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@AshtabS9Ultra : If you have your S23 Ultra's Motion smoothness set to Adaptive (Settings > Display > Motion smoothness) then the refresh rate can drop to 24hz to preserve battery when a higher refresh rate isn't required. It is only with the recent release of the Galaxy Z Fold5 that the refresh rate can now scale from 1-120hz, so you should expect to see this implemented in future S Series models. 

0 Likes
AshtabS9Ultra
Mastermind
Options
Thanks for clearing this up. Why does it say that it can scale to 1hz on the website is that just some marketing blurb? It doesn't bother me as its smooth and battery is great just not sure why it says it goes down to 1 if it doesn't kinda thing?
0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@AshtabS9Ultra : I wasn't able to find any information on our website about the minimum refresh rate for the S23 Ultra, as the specifications simply state the maximum refresh rate of 120hz. Are you able to provide a link to the site where you saw the minimum refresh rate, so I can look into this further for you?

0 Likes
AshtabS9Ultra
Mastermind
Options
Sure it's here which clearly states s23 + 48-120 and the ultra 1-120hx
0 Likes
AshtabS9Ultra
Mastermind
Options
.Screenshot_20230915_191431_Samsung Internet.jpg
0 Likes
AshtabS9Ultra