Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Writing on a photo ... possible?

(Topic created on: 15-07-2022 09:13 AM)
davehorne
Troubleshooter
Options

I thought that writing on a photo (with an S Pen) was possible and did spend some time on this before posting here.

(I play Wordle and thought of taking a screenshot and writing on that screenshot to see what letters might work better.) 

Is there a work-around so I can write on a photo and erase what I've written? 

I thought this was possible.  What am I not seeing? 

Thanks in advance, Dave Horne 

Watch4 Classic
Galaxy S24 Ultra / 512 GB / Microsoft Launcher / Spigen Thin Fit case
0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
LeoXXL
Pioneer
Options
Yes possible, open your Gallery and click the photo you want, at the bottom of the photo there's all tools to edit your photo including writing on it.

View solution in context

4 REPLIES 4
Solution
LeoXXL
Pioneer
Options
Yes possible, open your Gallery and click the photo you want, at the bottom of the photo there's all tools to edit your photo including writing on it.
AshP_
Options

@davehorne You could screenshot the Wordle page, open it up in Samsung Notes and write guesses on it that way, you can also erase the text you've written.

To open an image in Samsung Notes, launch the app  > Tap the icon in the bottom right to create a new note > Tap the paperclip icon in the top right > Image > Gallery > Select the screenshot you'd like to write on > Drag it to your desired size (you can also pinch in and out to zoom the page) > Tap the drawing icon at the bottom left of your screen. You'll then be able to erase any text you've added to your screenshot by selecting the eraser icon at the bottom of your screen.

I think I'll be stealing this method for my own Wordle guesses!

davehorne
Troubleshooter
Options

You're correct.  I should have clicked on that smiley face after clicking on the pen icon.  (I really didn't think of clicking on that as it was a smiley face.  :smiling-face:

Thanks, question answered. 

Watch4 Classic
Galaxy S24 Ultra / 512 GB / Microsoft Launcher / Spigen Thin Fit case
pacman101
First Poster
Options

Writing on a photo (on my Samsung S22 Ultra phone) is ridiculously laborious because Samsung hides  this function under a Smiley icon.

• open the photo in Samsung Gallery
  • tap on the pencil icon at the bottom
  • tap on the Smiley icon at the bottom (why this could-mean-anything Smiley icon is used to hide the text-on-photo function is a mystery to me)
  • select 'Text' in the options below the photo. This will reveal a cursor input field in the middle of the photo.
  • type in your text in the cursor input field
  • tap somewhere on the photo and you will then see your text in a box which you can move around the photo
  • tap 'Save'
0 Likes