Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Would You Recommend the S22 Ultra?

(Topic created on: 13-08-2022 07:49 PM)
PaulC59
Troubleshooter
Options
I have had my S22 Ultra for a few Months now which is riddled glitches, some more problematic than others. I was really exited when I ordered the custom phone from Samsung for around 1.5k I had 1tb of memory and a nice gray colour and also got a bonus on top of my trade in.

My old phone was an S22+ just under a year old and after I sent it in a 3rd party company sent me a demand for £75 towards my upgrade as they said it gad screen burn despite being barely a year old. However as my S22+ was a good phone I figured an upgrade to an S22 Ultra would be a step up and the built in 1tb would avoid app memory availability issues when using an SD card

When the phone is working OK its great when glitches kick in its a real pain and often renders the phone useless e.g when Microsoft apps fail to load or network issues calls constantly dropping etc

I would not recommend anyone who relies on their phone to get an S22 Ultra and my experience with this leads me to be wary of any new releases from Samsung until they have been release for sufficient time for Samsung to resolve the bugs in their devices. Probably around a year or so

If I had the time to produce and send all of the bug reports to Samsung it would be like a full time job doing what Samsung should do before releasing new devices.

The worst problem is Network and Conbectivity issues, which include

Calls dropping despite there veing a strong signal
Wifi dropping in apps despite there being a full signal or WiFi connected but no Internet
Signal dropping for no reason, most noticeable when streaming I.e constant black spots of silence and spinning circle trying to reconnect
Apps crashing or disappearing from screen
Dead links on Web pages
MS Office apps crashing or failing to load
Occasional crashes I e phone seems to get overloaded and freezes, goes blank and then comes back on
Occasional cogs when restarting saying optimising apps or says phone didn't shut down properly

There are other Occasional issues that I can't quite remember but on the whole it is not a very stable phone and certainly not worthy of the price tag and title of a flagship phone

I have come to the conclusion that the bulk of the problems are linked to the phones inability to maintain a strong network connection as this not only drops calls and connections etc but it is a main cause for office apps crashing or failing to load I e if Internet drops, many apps crash or freeze

I also think the inferior processor used in EU phones has a part to play as the Snapdraggon whilst does have its issues, it is more stable than the Exynos or whatever its called? I believe Samsung may be dropping this inferior chip in future releases?

I'm not sure if the next update to Android 13 will improve things but doubt it, I believe the Google Pixel phones have had this for a while but not released by Samsung yet I think it will need a firmware update once Samsung can identify what's casing problems or maybe vendors linked Microsoft might find a workaround for their apps

So in conclusion, I have had Samsung devices for many years from TVs RAM SSDs etc and always find Samsung to be a better brand but my experience with Samsung Mobiles leaves a lot to be desired and this S22 Ultra has been one of the most expensive yet the worst experience to date

Hopefully Samsung will put a bit more effort into resolving the issues rather than relying on temp fixes such as users having to perform many resets, restarts clear this clear that bla bla bla and us as consumers can use our equipment with the bug testing and fixes already sorted before releasing expensive products to market
102 REPLIES 102
Andy3
Voyager
Options
Haha your real funny..amazon is the biggest online website for shopping. Of course it can be trusted. Amazon is putting other of same businesses bust. Amazon is the most trusted online retailer. You are thick and had no clue.
0 Likes
Reylob
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

Amazon is a reputable seller as long as the seller is Amazon. In the other hand 3rd party sellers are a hit and miss affair.

I would never buy any of this type of products from a 3rd party seller on amazon.

The key information on that page posted by Andy is:
Dispatches from McToyz
Sold by McToyz

2350 pounds for 1TB S22 Ultra when Samsung was selling for 1500. Only god knows who McToyz is.

In contrast this is Amazon's page for 256GB S22 Ultra,

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Samsung-Galaxy-Android-Smartphone-Phantom/dp/B09NRV6WZD/ref=sr_1_1?crid=2R2... 

Dispatches from Amazon
Sold by Amazon

Return policy: Returnable within 30 days of receipt.

Andy is trying to redefine what custom-made is and clearly ignoring what the official website says. As well as making claims that there isn’t a single official documentation to support his claims. It is very hard to take him seriously.

PaulC59
Troubleshooter
Options
I think he has confirmed that he was incorrect in the availability in any phone shop of a 1tb version in an exclusive colour and the best link is a dodgy seller on Amazon. A big problem on Amazon and Ebay are foreign companies mostly Chinese presenting themselves as British suppliers I.e UK address to register a business but the products are either shipped from China or are shipped in bulk to someone's house where they get paid for shipping them, a lot of students do it for a bit of extra income. A lot of items are fakes and electrical items can be very dangerous and can set on fire etc due to poor wiring and unstable batteries etc. They can be hard to spot but bad English within the add is one of the biggest giveaways and of course where your payment goes. Amazon is a bit more risky as you have to work harder to find out the source etc. Don't get me wrong there are many retailers have outlets on ebay and amazon which they use to clear out refurbed customer returns and old stock. Also the fact that the phones are available on other outlets confirms that others have had issues with the phone and rather than persevere with the phone they instead send them back hence the phones going to third parties to be sold on and cleared.
0 Likes
Andy3
Voyager
Options
You call amazon and samsung not trustworthy? Your on drugs. The device is sold and dispatched by amazon because samsung have a contract with amazon. Its sold and dispatched by amazon yet samsung deliver the device directly to amazon. You do realise amazon and samsung shares the same warehouse yes?
0 Likes
PaulC59
Troubleshooter
Options
Samsung website is what I would consider a trustworthy website. Amazon is high risk which is widely reported by many commentators
0 Likes
Andy3
Voyager
Options
Amazon High risk? Are you on drugs? It's the world's most trusted online retailer beating every other retailer even high street retailers. You are on drugs. Even samsung could be classed as high risk because they use delivery company's such as dpd. Tnt etc etc. At least Amazon have a fleet of there own delivery vans and drivers. Nothing in this world is risk free.
0 Likes
PaulC59
Troubleshooter
Options
It's not Amazon that is the risk, it is the 3rd party sellers using Amazon to peddle dodgy goods and it is difficult to distinguish between the good and the bad I.e around 60% of sellers are chinese sellers who make it hard for buyers to check. Being big is by no means any guarantee of quality and authenticity
0 Likes
Andy3
Voyager
Options
So you class sold by amazon or Samsung a 3rd party do you? Sold by amazon is 1st party sold by samsung is 3rd party but samsung is the manufacturer. When I buy from amazon if its not sold directly by amazon or the manufacturer or reptible sellers I do not buy it. Even than I do buy them from 3rd party's because you are protected by amazons buyer protection the same as eBays.
0 Likes
PaulC59
Troubleshooter
Options
I only use amazon and eBay for cheaper goods where safety isn't an issue and where you don't lose too much if you get stung by a dodgy seller. The outlets on Amazon and ebay are where suppliers get rid of their customer returns, refurbs and old stock etc. It's safer and more secure to buy from the actual retailer especially where the goods are very complex and expensive. If I go to an actual retailers website I don't need to spend hours researching who they are, the history of the product etc and its much easier to hold them to account when things go wrong. I would not be confident buying an expensive phone from amazon or ebay etc
0 Likes