Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wireless Charging issues

(Topic created on: 26-02-2022 09:47 PM)
MadalinK
Hotshot
Options
Here I am again, describing yet another issue. 

I set my phone to charge on a Samsung Duo Wireless charger last night at about 01:30 with 5% battery and it was only up to 85% by the time it was 06:30.

Now I know the charger itself works just fine because it fully charges my Note 20 Ultra in about two hours more or less. 

I ran a diagnostic check on my battery and on the wireless charging feature and I am told all is normal. 

The battery has the fast wireless charging setting to ON.

I am beginning to think I just received a bad / defective unit and I will try and get in touch with Samsung today and see what they have to say about it all. 

Anyone else experiencing very slow wireless charging?😕 

Current phone : Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G 512GB
19 REPLIES 19
SmallFish
Helping Hand
Options
Ah, OK thats interesting! Thanks.

Suggests it's maybe my charger... Which up to now has been absolutely fine... Hmm...

Mine stays on.
MadalinK
Hotshot
Options
Samsung have released a new superfast wireless charger duo but its not available yet.
I went to the Samsung Store today but they also don't have it and don't know when/if they will receive stock

0 Likes
SmallFish
Helping Hand
Options

Well, I've spent 3 hours chatting pointlessly with Samsung. They haven't the foggiest, but don't seem concerned about me returning the phone for a refund rather than trying out a replacement charger first... so, I think that's made up my mind. Bank account will be happy again.

Samsung, this what pissing off your customers repeatedly sounds like!

YFccc
Student
Options

Having exaco the same issue with s22 plus now. Just charged four hours from 15% to about 50%.

Seems like it either stopped at night? When I pause the charging and start again, it estimated 1 more hour to finish.

Please don't be defective.... 

SmallFish
Helping Hand
Options

I notice when the battery is charging with the phone switched on the phone hits the thermal limit! That's terrible but confirms that the phone feels warmer when charging.

Rybov2
First Poster
Options

Exact same issues here with the s22 ultra. I have a super thin case on the phone and I'm using the oh snap wireless charger and feeding it more than enough power. The phone software says everything is working properly but it takes sometimes over 6 hours to fully charge. As of writing this right now it's just lingering at 81% and doesn't seem to be budging past that. Wireless charger and phone seem to get warm and then cool off and get warm again so maybe this is a thermal issue but if that's the case then this phone can't truly support 15 watt wireless charging if it constantly has to stop and restart.

0 Likes
JTC
Pioneer
Options
No fast wireless charging here either. I'm so annoyed after spending even more money on new chargers
Just ***** 😭
0 Likes
menotu22
First Poster
Options

At the bottom of your screenshot is says "Protect Battery - To extend the lifespan of your battery, limit the maximum charge to 85%"  Did you change that?

0 Likes
MadalinK
Hotshot
Options
Hi. Yes, that setting was turned off.

0 Likes
ivanfila
Explorer
Options
Wireless charging can generate heat, and if your device gets too hot during charging, it may slow down or stop charging to protect the battery.
0 Likes