Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wireless Charging issues

(Topic created on: 23-02-2022 09:12 AM)
MadalinK
Hotshot
Options
Here I am again, describing yet another issue. 

I set my phone to charge on a Samsung Duo Wireless charger last night at about 01:30 with 5% battery and it was only up to 85% by the time it was 06:30.

Now I know the charger itself works just fine because it fully charges my Note 20 Ultra in about two hours more or less. 

I ran a diagnostic check on my battery and on the wireless charging feature and I am told all is normal. 

The battery has the fast wireless charging setting to ON.

I am beginning to think I just received a bad / defective unit and I will try and get in touch with Samsung today and see what they have to say about it all. 

Anyone else experiencing very slow wireless charging?😕 

Current phone : Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G 512GB
19 REPLIES 19
RXM
Troubleshooter
Options
Did it take 5 hours to charge to 85% or did it charge to 100% then stop charging before depleting to 85%? Do you have Good Guardians downloaded and if so are you able to show the battery tracker page or if not do you have a screenshot of just the battery usage from the settings? Just want to guage how slow we're taking here.
0 Likes
MadalinK
Hotshot
Options
I briefly checked the clock on the Always on Display at 06:30 and that's when I noticed that it only charged the battery to 85%.
I checked again around 8am and it was fully charged.

Here's the screenshot

The other day when it was restoring my WhatsApp messages the battery was going down even though I had it set on a 15W Samsung Wireless charging stand !Screenshot_20220223-091742_Device care_134534_1645607896.jpg

0 Likes
RXM
Troubleshooter
Options
If you click on the 7 day option just to the right what does it show? Maybe Samsung has made it so that their charging standards for their old wireless chargers are outdated to get you to buy new ones. I wouldn't put it past them. I don't believe they care about environmental issues one bit. Screenshot_20220223-090743_Device care_59166_1645607263.jpg
MadalinK
Hotshot
Options
Ok here is mine.

As you can see, it took A LOT OF TIME to charge.
Screenshot_20220223-110058_Device care.jpg

0 Likes
RXM
Troubleshooter
Options
Yeah 6 hrs is quite slow indeed 😬 If you wanted to preserve your battery life and only ever charged it overnight and always got a good amount of sleep then this would be fine. But I highly doubt you bought it for those reasons and if you're anything like me 6hrs is a treat so if I put it on charge some nights it wouldn't even be nearly charged. I'd get in touch with Samsung regarding this. That's abysmal speeds.
MadalinK
Hotshot
Options
It also appears that the battery is draining quite fast, even though I only use the phone lightly. It's 11:30 and I'm already down to 69%.

I know the phone is still learning my usage, but I remember when upgrading from the Note 10+ to the Note 20 Ultra I saw an immediate advantage, even from day 1.

I will definitely get in touch with Samsung today, trouble is, do they have another S22 Ultra 1TB in Phantom White to replace this one ? 😄

RXM
Troubleshooter
Options
Well I certainly remember the S21 Ultra I have now when I first recieved it. I remember the battery chart looking like a series of matterhorns. The battery depleted incredibly fast and got super hot. It also recharged with the 25w charger so fast. In the end I hard resetted the phone and avoided using smart switch as people suspected that would be the cause with the transferral of unoptomised apps. I was moving Android 10 apps to Android 11. No idea if that was the real cause but it did work. It also gave the phone another chance to optimise the battery based on my usage. If it still says its learning I'd at least wait until that's done and give it another few days before making a decision.
0 Likes
SmallFish
Helping Hand
Options
I think these phones have problems with Samsung's Duo and Trio Wireless Chargers, ironically.

Out of curiosity, if you turn off the phone and place it on the charger, does the green charging status screen stay on permanently, pulsating at times??
0 Likes
MadalinK
Hotshot
Options
I've just tried it with the Samsung Fast Wireless Charging stand and it doesn't stay on.
It spins for a few seconds then the screen turns off which I believe is normal behaviour. I can get the animation again by pressing the power button.

Too bad I can't upload videos to show you.