Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WiFi drops and phone restarts continuously

(Topic created on: 30-10-2023 11:48 PM)
KNawaz
Explorer
Options
Hi

My s22 ultra keeps restarting whenever the WiFi is on. I have spoken to my network provider who have advised that this a software issue and to let Samsung know too. 

Every time the phone restarts, I go to the Samsung members app and the first message that pops up tells me that my phone incorrectly restarted and that a log will be sent to Samsung.

I hope a fix is made available as I'm only using my data at the moment for the internet and cannot use WiFi.
82 REPLIES 82
Andyj179
Apprentice
Options
Whats the latest?
0 Likes
KNawaz
Explorer
Options
Hi, sorry about the delay response, only just now logged back in to Samsung members. Technician came and checked the phone and said that there genuinely was a fault with hardware. Some sort of chip causing the issue. I did ask why have a number of other users got the same issue and was advised that it could possibly be software related or just a coincidence that both things happened at once in terms of software causing the hardware issue.

It seems to be working fine and what to do if any problems happen again and was advised to call Samsung.
0 Likes
Andyj179
Apprentice
Options
Did he fix it at your house?
0 Likes
Members_mYbktYs
First Poster
Options

Im now having this issue, WiFi not staying on then phone restarts. What should i do? 

0 Likes
KNawaz
Explorer
Options
Yes, phone was within 2 years warranty and offered to have technician come to the house to fix issue.
0 Likes
KNawaz
Explorer
Options
Call Samsung and tell them about this issue. I was advised by Samsung that they haven't had many calls about this issue and until they do, they will not push this further up. Definitely call them asap and see what options they give you.
KNawaz
Explorer
Options
Call Samsung and tell them about this issue. I was advised by Samsung that they haven't had many calls about this issue and until they do, they will not push this further up. Definitely call them asap and see what options they give you. The technician advised that there was an issue within my phone and that he replaced a few chips etc and that is what caused the issue. I would definitely call Samsung and hope that they finally push this up the line as it looks like there could be a problem with a batch of phones from the sounds of it.
Andyj179
Apprentice
Options
Is yours working OK now?
0 Likes
KNawaz
Explorer
Options
Since the technician came to the fix the phone, it's worked perfectly.
0 Likes
Franzy840
First Poster
Options

Hi,

Did we get any fix from Samsung? I also have the same problem from yesterday. Even without Wifi my phone goes for a restart. 

Thanks,

Francis

0 Likes