Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WiFi drops and phone restarts continuously

(Topic created on: 30-10-2023 11:48 PM)
KNawaz
Explorer
Options
Hi

My s22 ultra keeps restarting whenever the WiFi is on. I have spoken to my network provider who have advised that this a software issue and to let Samsung know too. 

Every time the phone restarts, I go to the Samsung members app and the first message that pops up tells me that my phone incorrectly restarted and that a log will be sent to Samsung.

I hope a fix is made available as I'm only using my data at the moment for the internet and cannot use WiFi.
82 REPLIES 82
Andyj179
Apprentice
Options
Really annoying. So can they send someone to your house to fix the phone?
0 Likes
KNawaz
Explorer
Options
My phone is still under warranty therefore eligible for fix. I have sent logs and Samsung seem to think that it is a hardware issue however the fact that so many users have the same issues seems to suggest that it is a software issue. I have spoken to my network provider and they said that they have had a number of users too with the same thing since the recent software update. They advised to contact Samsung.
0 Likes
ElleG
Explorer
Options

I had to send it in to repair. Last time it actually loaded properly I couldn't connect to internet at all, then it went into a boot loop, and wouldn't get past the Samsung logo. So even if an update was released my chances of being able to download it were slim.

0 Likes
KNawaz
Explorer
Options
I have an engineer coming to hopefully fix the phone next week however my phone will not connect to WiFi at all. Every night the phone randomly goes into a boot loop too. So frustrating and when I spoke to Samsung, they advised that they have not had enough users calling with the same issue to escalate this further. Really not happy 😐
0 Likes
BrecksLFC
Apprentice
Options
Have you had any luck? Samsung have asked me to send the phone in repair, but I'd rather not of it can be avoided.
0 Likes
KNawaz
Explorer
Options
No luck yet. I have an engineer coming tomorrow to fix the phone however I have a feeling I will have to send the phone off too and get it back up to 10 days later!!!
0 Likes
sams22grr
Student
Options
Keeps us updated what the repair man said or done, like others here i contacted samsung about the same issue, i told him many people have reported it directly to samsung but he said he hasn't heard anything and checked with his boss nothing has been feed back to them about it.(self denial) Very much see no evil hear no evil scenario.
KNawaz
Explorer
Options
I will do. I had exactly the same reply when I spoke to Samsung and they said until a huge amount of calls are not made, it will not be taken further. I feel that is a bit of a kick in the teeth to be honest 😭
Members_FiR5i6k
First Poster
Options

Hi everyone,

I have the same issue for a week now. The phone is restarting whenever it wants and then gets in a loop and it takes time until get to the main menu and sometimes restarts straight away after it loads. I noticed is doing this when is on wify or when i try to turn my hotspot and also gets hot sometimes. I don't know what is the reason for it as the phone never been dropped always been in a cover and with screen protector. I went to a shop to check whats wrong with the phone it was not a Samsung shop and they said nothing wrong with it. I go home and phone restart 5 times. I hope its software and they fix it otherwise its gonna cost money for repair.

0 Likes
Andyj179
Apprentice
Options
Did you get your phone back or any feedback?
0 Likes