Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Whatsapp keeps crashing

(Topic created on: 15-10-2023 06:03 PM)
RosieKing
Apprentice
Options
Hello, my WhatsApp has started crashing since yesterday. Every time I'm open the app - I think when I'm receiving messages is when it crashes. Even when sending images/videos. It's very annoying. I've cleacleared the cache, force stop, updated my S22 device, restarted the device, uninstall and reinstalled the app - its still happening!. There are no app updates on the store. Can anyone help?
24 REPLIES 24
Piper123
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Hi @RosieKing

Sounds like you've done all the obvious and if reinstalling the app hasn't fixed it......

In the Play Store there is the option to locate the App and then email the App Developers. That is certainly an option for you.

It sounds to me like either a bug in WhatsApp OR another app on your device conflicting. I've not seen anything on this recently in the public domain myself.
S24 Ultra
Smithappens
First Poster
Options
Exactly the same here. It's incredibly frustrating!
0 Likes
Knight175
Student
Options
Yes exactly the same here, hopefully a fix soon as it's incredibly frustrating. Out of ideas on how to fix but seems I'm not alone!
vincekho
Apprentice
Options

me too! Whatsapp crashed when I type certain words during search bar and try to open camera/gallery. I've tried many ways from google such like clear cache, force stop app, reinstall app and blah blah blah, it just won't work.

Surya1
First Poster
Options

Same here. Its' been 3 days. Im using S21 with 256 GB storage.

I tried  clearing cache, restarting the phone, turning it off/on nothing worked. Looked it up on the net and youtube and some content creator recommended i tried to deactivate chrome, android web system and still nothing.

I still have plenty storage space so its not the issue. Went to samsung store and the guys told me to wait for the next whatsapp update, which we dont know when.

Man fix this please i rely on whatsapp for work!!

0 Likes
vincekho
Apprentice
Options

downgrade your whatsapp version, i tried yesterday, i worked but still crash when i search certain words. it is better than be4, i cant even use camera and open gallery

0 Likes
Lirva63
Student
Options

This is happening to me. Phone did update this morning and now WhatsApp is virtually unuseable

RosieKing
Apprentice
Options
Right, so I started noticing the whatsapp issues 9 days ago.
4 days ago, it seemed to magically fix itself.

In-between that time, I kept backing my chats up (a pain because of frequent crashes) and then in this order: clear cache, clear data, force stop, power off, wait 5 mins, power on, reinstall whatsapp and it would work for 16 hours/day and then start glitching and crashing again.

I was resigned to keep doing this, even started sourcing a new phone device. But then suddenly, it started working again?

I hope you all have the same luck!
0 Likes
vincekho
Apprentice
Options

@RosieKing wrote:
Right, so I started noticing the whatsapp issues 9 days ago.
4 days ago, it seemed to magically fix itself.

In-between that time, I kept backing my chats up (a pain because of frequent crashes) and then in this order: clear cache, clear data, force stop, power off, wait 5 mins, power on, reinstall whatsapp and it would work for 16 hours/day and then start glitching and crashing again.

I was resigned to keep doing this, even started sourcing a new phone device. But then suddenly, it started working again?

I hope you all have the same luck!

downgrade to like September version and remember to stop auto-update. It works fine with me these days.

0 Likes