Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What software version to look for the UK version of handset

(Topic created on: 20-06-2023 07:55 PM)
RajPat
Journeyman
Options
I have a Samsung galaxy s22 ultra. The software version is eux eux eux and I am told that it is not the UK version. I am not able to use Samsung pay and wallet. I am looking to buy another handset. What should be the right handset code. Is that it should be EUB. Please give whatever code is for the genuine UK version of galaxy s22 ultra and s23 ultra. Thank you. 
0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9
keith30
Maestro
Options
My S22ultra is EUX and I'm in the UK, works okay on mine. You can find out in the settings page of the type of device you have.
RajPat
Journeyman
Options
I did contact Samsung and they just said it is not UK version. I attach software details. What do you think I should do.
0 Likes
RajPat
Journeyman
Options
Thank you. Screenshot_20230620_205703_Settings.jpgScreenshot_20230620_205651_Settings.jpg
0 Likes
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
I've looked into this and am a bit confused. EUX is for the UK but in fact the CSC for your device BTE, see here for the latest update https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/samfrew.com/amp/download/Galaxy__S22__Ultra__/8rb7/BTE/S908BXXU5CWEA/...

I'm confused as I've never seen this CSC and couldn't find much information about it. Anyway it seems you have a device which someone has meddled with which is why you aren't getting updates. Smart Switch on the PC may update it Where did you purchase it?
RajPat
Journeyman
Options
I purchased it from eBay from a business seller with 1000s of selling. Do you think I should just make a claim ro credit card company or send it back to seller. As it's been over 90 days so eBay will not help. Or alternatively I should try to update CSC from laptop.
0 Likes
ynneL
Troubleshooter
Options
I believe EUX is the European firmware my previous S22 Ultra and my current S23 Ultra both purchased from Samsung I heard somewhere that it was Samsung's way of making updates faster by putting all of Europe on 1 firmware
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Have a word with the seller first, it could be a quicker solution.
keith30
Maestro
Options
As far I'm aware EUX is the European carrier for phones in the UK as does the CSC I brought my device though o2 and I always have, the problem is all the figures that go along side it can cause a lot of confusion if you don't understand what they all mean.
antmrr
Journeyman
Options

There's a Galaxy bug in most series of the phones that if you setup the phone on WiFi not with sim initially it never updates it's CSC (Country code) from the generic EUX (Europe) to the proper specific country/network codes.

Samsung have actually worked against the community locking down alternate ways to change this code after setup, and they say you need to send phone for repair to fix this. There used to be a way of restarting the phone without sim, off wifi, and kicking it back into line, doesn't work on more recent devices.

I had exactly your symptoms, couldn't open Samsung Wallet, wasn't eligible for free Disney+ etc because my phone wasn't recognised as UK.

I fixed it by using a tool available online called SamFW. Google it yourself and look at reviews etc for your own sanity. It has many more functions, but for free you can change your CSC. I changed to EVR (EE UK) from EUX and it worked fine. Wallet and my Samsung offers now work fine.

0 Likes