Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is battery useage screen actually showing

(Topic created on: 25-09-2022 09:32 PM)
niraj12
Pioneer
Options
Hi,
In the battery useage it lists apps with percentages next to them. 
Is this what each app has used as a percentage of the full battery or is this what the app used as a percentage of the battery used so far?
For example, my battery level is 50% and chrome is listed as 5%. Does that mean chrome used 5% of the battery or just 5% of the 50% that's been used?
0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
The percentages are how much a particular app has used since the phone was last on charge.
So the higher the percentage is how much an app is consuming the charge.
This is quite handy as you can better manage the battery life. For instance you can see if a particular app is using more of the charge than you would expect it to. Background running of some apps. Sometimes in the settings of those apps, you can change its settings
0 Likes
niraj12
Pioneer
Options
Yes thanks I completely understand that. But my question is whether the percentage is that of the total battery capacity or just a percentage of what has been depleted
0 Likes
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Will be the percentage of the capacity that has been depleted
0 Likes
dj9494
Voyager
Options
Hey, the percentage is that of used battery ie 5% of 50%
0 Likes
Aronovic
Pathfinder
Options
Far as I am aware. The idle process takes up the remainder of the 100%. So if you are using 50% of the capacity then the 50% idle completes the total.

I guess the only time that will be different is when you limit the battery charge capacity to 85%.
0 Likes
niraj12
Pioneer
Options
Thanks,
Do you know if the percentages are a percentage of the percentage used?
0 Likes
Aronovic
Pathfinder
Options
The values are absolute therefore 5% is the usage from the overall battery. The values are subtotals which when you add them up will give you a sum of the usage at any given time.

Between times on the charger or being turned off when no data is recorded, the last corresponding values are a reference point.

One ui monitors usage and puts rarely apps into deep sleep. The battery app has much more functionality than I remember for android

I will maybe research this more as it seems there is more to this than I first thought.

0 Likes
niraj12
Pioneer
Options
Thanks Aronovic,
There certainly is a lack of clarity as can be seen from the responses on this post. For example, Dj9494 believes the values are not absolute. Hopefully there will be clarity on the matter
0 Likes