Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Very slow S22 ultra since last update

(Topic created on: 17-02-2023 07:32 PM)
koen debouck
Apprentice
Options

I am using the S22 ultra since last November and all went very well. Until a few days ago, after a software update, it has become very very slow. Opening links and pages last 10-20 seconds each time...

Not acceptable for a flagship phone, nor for any other phone.

Who knows how to restore original speed??

Thanks

Koen

8 REPLIES 8
TessM
Mastermind
Options

Hi @koen debouck ,

I'm sorry to hear that, Here are some tips to try to get your phone back up to working order: Why is my phone slowing down and how can I speed it up? | Samsung UK

BaronDigo
Helping Hand
Options
Is it just slow on links and pages?
Or daily usage
koen debouck
Apprentice
Options

Hi BaronDigo, just on internet pages and links.

Rgds

0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@koen debouck 

Is this on wifi or mobile data or both ?

What internet browser are you using ?

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
koen debouck
Apprentice
Options

Hi TessM, thanks. I tried all the suggestions but this didn't solve my problem. Still utterly slow... 😞

0 Likes
koen debouck
Apprentice
Options

Hi BandOfBrothers, thanks.

I am using the pre_installed Samsung Browser. It worked very well until the last update last week. Now it takes half a minute to open new pages or links, both on WIFI and on 5G.

Regards

0 Likes
RobertT
First Poster
Options
It won't change. Samsung update devices after a new phone is released, and they slow older phones down on purpose, regardless of what they say. It's happened every single time a new phone comes out, and I've owned samsung since the S2. Do not believe a word they say, they're trying to get people to buy their new phone. It's disgusting really, as my S22 Ultra was perfect until the last update (s23 being out). Best thing you can do really is postpone the update as much as possible. I can barely use my camera, its a joke and the company is a joke.
0 Likes
GRAVESPACE
First Poster
Options

i regret buying this piece of trash, it got slow indeed, its very disappointing samsung , bad for for environment also to produce every year new trash, samsung should be ashamed !!!!! trash company!

0 Likes