Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to reset Secure Folder pin.

(Topic created on: 28-03-2023 12:52 PM)
Steve132
Journeyman
Options

At the request of Technical Service, I'm reporting this issue to the community. I've searched/reviewed other secure folder authentication issues marked as resolved, but none of those solutions have worked. The tech rep I worked with was given remote access to my phone and went through all troubleshooting steps (resettting account, confirming account recovery credentials, etc) and has escalated to product engineering (ticket# 228597976)

Firstly, I don't even recall setting up a pin for secure folder. I've only used a password. Of the 3 common pins I would use, none were accepted and I'm receiving incrementally higher retry wait times (now up to 4 hours!) with no option to reset the pin. I JUST CANNOT LOSE THE FEW FILES CONTAINED IN THIS FOLDER.

I do not access the secure folder often and it's likely been a few months since my last access. I have seen a notification "secure folder is locked... unlock to get notifications from apps in secure folder" for a while, but basically ignored it because I didn't recall having any apps in the secure folder. Is there some correlation with this notification and the no pin reset issue? This just has to be a bug within the app, and I need a fix please.

20 REPLIES 20
lucabcardoso
Pathfinder
Options
You just need Samsung account
Steve132
Journeyman
Options

Thanks for the reply... I do have an account.

lucabcardoso
Pathfinder
Options
You can reset your secure folder password with your samsung account passwort u actually log in just like a new device
Steve132
Journeyman
Options

Thanks. This step was completed through remote access with support. The option to reset was still not offered.

0 Likes
Steve132
Journeyman
Options

I've now hit the "Try again in..." this time 24 hours. And at that 24hr mark for the first time has come an option, not too reset, but to uninstall. I don't want to uninstall as that would delete all files in the folder as I understand. What's with this certain death path? I need a solution to get my files so I can get as far away from this app as possible! Awaiting some app dev help please.

0 Likes
Steve132
Journeyman
Options

This problem remains unresolved.

0 Likes
Thunderhill
First Poster
Options

I also cannot access secure folder, I don't recall ever setting up a password (I rigorously update my password hints list) only a PIN and the PIN worked to put things in, so this whole prompt for password with none of the 20+ variations I use working... Very much a bug and the suggestions I've read elsewhere do not work if I want to keep my data. I look forward to your solution if you find one

TheSulbyGhost
Student
Options
I also have the same issue. No reset only uninstall.
0 Likes
Steve132
Journeyman
Options

I can only say that the lack of a support response to this thread/issue is suspicious at best. To think, I have all the credentials required to access my account (make security changes, reset password, etc), yet no one at Samsung has been able to credential me into a pin code reset for secure folder.

Waiting against hope that this bug may eventually reach a future update.

0 Likes