Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UI5 Beta infernal loop

(Topic created on: 19-12-2022 10:20 AM)
Nash13
First Poster
Options
I signed up for the Beta but soon discovered that Google Wallet stopped working.
I want to back out or upgrade to the formal version and this is where I'm going round in circles.
If I go into Samsung Members it shows Beta is finished. I *think* quite soon after I signed up for the Beta I tried to opt out. You don't get that option now.
Anyway Google Pay still doesn't work so I assume I'm still on Beta. It tells me I'm running latest version so no option to upgrade from phone.
Tried Smart Switch but there's no option to rollback and I get told my phone S22 Ultra is not compatible for the reset/device initialization.
I've considered reset from the phone settings but not sure that'll get me to a formal version.
Apart from possibly using something called Odin to get old firmware running, does anyone have any ideas.

Tia
0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
nowdeleted
Big Cheese
Options
The beta program has finished. With the final update you Google wallet should be working. Is the Google wallet up to date ??
0 Likes
-Robot-
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
The Beta is the problem, I am not sure how to reinstall it, you may want to search the forum as others have done it

It is the problem with the Beta is it is a Beta, things will break with it
0 Likes
TessM
Mastermind
Options

Hi @Nash13 ,

To withdraw from the Beta programme, you must apply for withdrawal through Samsung Members application on your device. ("Settings > One UI Beta Programme status > Withdraw" menu) 2. To remove the beta software, perform a rollback to the previous release version, using the Smart Switch PC Version on your computer. The rollback resets the device and removes data generated during beta testing. Note: If you backed up your device data to your computer with Smart Switch, you can restore the data after the rollback process. To perform the rollback, connect the device to your computer with a USB cable. On the computer, launch the Smart Switch application, and select "Downgrade". If you need assistance in having your software rolled back to the latest approved version you can call Samsung Service Centre.

– Call Centre UK : 0333-000-0333. 

0 Likes
Nash13
First Poster
Options
TessM

As I've tried to explain in my post
1) you do not have the option to withdraw any more. Status shows Beta has finished 'look forward to the new release'
2) on smart switch I get no option to roll back..no option for Downgrade is shown
3) googlecwallet is up-to-date even uninstall it to check.
0 Likes
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@Nash13  you should not need to roll back to install the stable One Ui 5.0,  take it a Notification has never appeared and no update available via Settings-Software Update. Is the new software not available via Smart Switch?   started to roll out towards the end of October and information given in this thread https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/tips/one-ui-5-stable-release-is-out/td-p/6269067  thread https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/tips/one-ui-5-stable-release-is-out/td-p/6269067  You may have a particular issue though, have you contacted customer services?Whilst always  issue with Google Pay in Beta should be ok in official release.

took part in the Betas for S21 Ultra and no issue moving to the official version, obviously there are bugs in Betas though personally only had minor issues.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes