Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tracks not showing on car screen when using Bluetooth between my S22 Ultra & 2013 Honda Civic

(Topic created on: 12-01-2023 07:13 PM)
MogZero
Student
Options

When I connect my S22 Ultra to my 2013 Honda Civic with Bluetooth, the audio plays on the car but the screen only shows the device name with no album / track listing. This is the same no matter which app I use to play audio (e.g. Spotify, Podcast Addict).

I used to use these same apps on my OnePlus 6 in the same car and got the track info. The same when I had a Nokia 930. The track listings do show when I connect to my LG TV.

Is there any setting somewhere on the phone that will affect sending the track info?

With my previous phones the track info just worked.

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
Wastedagen
Navigator
Options
I had a similar situation where when my phone connected to the car stereo it only allowed phone calls....

On my car, Seat Leon, I had to go into the settings on the car stereo and enable AD2P.... This is a Bluetooth profile that enables multimedia communication.
0 Likes
MogZero
Student
Options
Not quite the same as in my case the music plays, with full stereo, etc, so it's using AD2P already. It's just the track info that's missing.
0 Likes
PaulC59
Troubleshooter
Options
I sometimes have a similar issue on mine. I connect to a land rover, In Control. Its hard to say if its the phone or the car. I tend to go on the phone, turn Bluetooth off, go to car and forget this phone, then go to Bluetooth devices on phone and remove car and any other devices I'm not using. Then switch Bluetooth on and go through the process and connect the phone again. Sometimes it works. What I'm not sure of is if it makes a difference which direction you do it? I.e connect from the car settings in your car or connect from the phone, maybe that could influence the type of connection? Hope this helps
0 Likes