Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Text message number on the wrong number

(Topic created on: 16-03-2022 06:46 AM)
Hanjay
Journeyman
Options
Hi, new to Samsung and changed from an iPhone to the new Samsung s22 ultra, however I'm not receiving any text messages and when I look in settings My number is set to the temporary number they gave me whilst my old number was changing over. How do I change this? I have manually changed this in settings but don't think it's worked. I've currently logged out of my icloud on my iPhone as Iv seen Imessage is still working. Help please? 
0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

The phone sometimes can pick up the temporary number assigned to tbe sim card even when you have consequently used a Pac to move your own number across to the sim card to take over from the temporary number.

Some people decide to contact their network provider to ask for a sim swap which then moves your own number from that sim card to a blank sim card.

A blank sim card has never had a number associated with it 

I would suggest to de register from imessage >

Deregister iMessage on your iPhone or online.  and https://selfsolve.apple.com/deregister-imessage/ 

And check that the network messaging Centre number is correct > this will be on the support pages from your network operator.

In the phone search for message centre

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

Hanjay
Journeyman
Options
Hi thank you for your reply. It's all very confusing isn't it haha, thank you I have disconnected my imessage and will ring up my EE network. Hopefully will work soon thank you
rennierenzo
First Poster
Options
Hi All I've just gone from tesco network over to sky mobile and used a pac code which has all gone through, but when sending out text messages some contacts get my temporary number show up and some get my normal number show up.
I've tried manually setting this up in the message centre anyone have any ideas.

thanks alot
0 Likes