Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Terrible battery drain after android 13 and UI 5.0

(Topic created on: 13-11-2022 11:18 AM)
sewlac
Journeyman
Options

I bought my S22 in May this year, as I bought the flagship model I would expect premium quality. I don't want to comment here about hanging camera, and other problems. the phone in general doesn't work smoothly, one update was quite ok (I said quite ok, but still it is not something that satisfies me when I buy the flagship model). However, what you guys did with the last update to android 13 and UI 5.0 is one big disaster. I charge my phone and 6h later the phone is dead! Previously, it survived around 12h. Now it is two times less, and you are posting such a silly comment about checking the "battery device and care"? Really, are you serious? Tell us when can we expect the next software update.

Galaxy S22 

23 REPLIES 23
Johnny33
Apprentice
Options

Tried and it doesn't help 

Members_ipkoi8G
Journeyman
Options

Same here, went from 10+ hours of screentime before, to 5- hours of screentime since this infamous update. Tried all settings and cleaning options without result.

In case the Samsung people are still in doubt: This degradation is definitely due to the last UI 5.0 / Android 13  update !

sewlac
Journeyman
Options

Are you suggesting that if I am buying the flagship samsung S22/s22+/ultra, I must be an engineer and understand better than Samsung's engineers what must be done to make your phone useable after the software update? it is silly, and this is 99% of Samsung customer service answers. Sometimes I have a feeling they treat people like total id**ts. Recently I reported that my camera is very often not responding. And you know what? Customer support suggested restoring the phone to factory settings xd aka. experts lol

KLD32
Student
Options

There is no solution. I have tried everything, and the engineers I contacted must notify the parent company about the problem

läf
First Poster
Options

Same here with s21. Previously I would have around 60% at the end of a day of light use (couple of phone calls, pics, no streaming, no games, little browsing).

Yesterday, marginally heavier use: I ended up at 17% while I almost never went below 30% when not forgetting to charge in the morning. Gross...

BTW temperatures are down below 5°C so that maybe a factor: is it possible the battery suffers from temp amplitude inside/outside? I can't remember such a change with previous phones on winters.

0 Likes
Tourbillon De La Vie
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

Battery life improved with November update, for me at least 

0 Likes
Drpeppers
Journeyman
Options

I hoped for improvement but I do not see any yet. Did you do some extra steps beside cache clear and optimise after the update.

I want to do an full reset but do not know if it will help

0 Likes
JamesAutoDude
Explorer
Options

Personally, I went to settings -> battery and device care -> memory

Then I clicked on the "apps not used recently" option, and found a ton of interesting things there. I went through almost all of the unknown stuff and changed to restricted with no background data allowed. To do that, you click on whatever app you want, then click on "Battery" and switch to restricted

There's also the mobile data option where you can turn off background data usage

I'll see if this helps anything overall. It's been over 10 minutes and I'm still at 100%. There was also some stupid Verizon Services app and some stupid Samsung Visit In that I'm sure hog battery. There were some other interesting apps in there too from Samsung & Verizon that I know I'll never need/use. I also turned off "RAM Plus" in that area. I'm sure it's not doing anything but still, 12GB is more then enough - no need to let it take up internal space lol

0 Likes
Drpeppers
Journeyman
Options

Finally I did a full reset and reflashed the firmware (no Id if neccesary). Debloated again and now my battery usage is more than half it was before. (now active 15% hour, inactive 1,3%).

Also Phone is flying again, feels like a new one

0 Likes
JamesAutoDude
Explorer
Options

I think you need to go to settings, battery, memory, and click on the "apps not used recently". Click on each one you don't use, and you'll find a "battery" section. Turn it to "restricted"

Also if you have Verizon, find "Verizon app manager" in your apps list (might need to find in settings -> apps) and disable that

0 Likes