Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

spanish verion

(Topic created on: 04-08-2023 12:06 PM)
TomFurman
First Poster
Options

hi Guys. im looking at buying s21 ultra. i can get one but acording to the seller its a "spanish version". does it mean that is will only work with Spanish operators? i want to use it in the UK. thanks for your help.

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
-Robot-
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
It should work if its unlocked, but some features may not depending on availability in Spain.

For example Samsung pay may not work, or some apps may not be available because not available in spain

These are examples I don't know if Samsung pay is available there

Personally I wouldnt get any phone that's refurbished that's not from the country you would use it or somewhere where you can't get you're money back from easily

Where are you buying it from?
Solution
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @TomFurman 

Yes you'll be able to use a UK Sim Card in the phone as the phone's have the bands and frequencies built into them.

5G may not work.

Samsung Pay / Wallet may not work.

Google Pay / Wallet should.

Samsung Members App may not work properly.

Sometimes aspects of the phone such as the keyboard may have a different layout than that of the Uk type.

Make sure it's an unlocked to all network's handset ~ Although most are now. 

Unfortunately imported phone's wouldn't be covered by the Samsung Limited 2 Year Manufacturing Warranty so if something were to go wrong a UK Samsung Service Centre may deny support.

If there isnt a big price difference then I would ask you to consider buying from Samsung.com or a shop that sells Samsung phone's in the Uk.

You'll still receive software and security updates to the phone which would be pushed out by the Samsung Support Cenre from which the phone was released in.

I personally imported a Samsung Note²⁰ from Hong Kong and am happy with it and knew all the caveats I've mentioned above.

If I can be of any further help then please don't hesitate. Take care.  😎 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

TomFurman
First Poster
Options

hi Guys. looks like s21 ultra is not about in the UK any more and having read reviews thought it is a good one to go for. thanks for your comments re apps and waranty. someting to consider now. was thinking along these line, good to have someone else back up your thoughts. had a note 8 brought in from HK too and it worked a treat, but there wasnt any comment there about "HK" version. this "Spanish" version through me out as officaially there are 13 versions of it and NONE of them are "Spanish" . thanks

0 Likes
TomFurman
First Poster
Options

thank you for your comment

0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

You're very welcome @TomFurman 

You could try in shops such as CEX , Trade Me In and Game to see if they have one if the phone's to purchase from.

The Samsung Note²⁰ I imported from Hong Kong is still going strong too 👍 My son now uses it.

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes