04-08-2023 05:09 PM in
My S22Ultra decided today that it will no longer charge with a cable. I can plug a cable in from the wall outlet and for about 15 seconds, it charges with fast charging speed, then it goes to regular charging for about 15 seconds and last it stops charging. I downloaded 2 battery applications and took screen shots. It only works on a wireless charger now.
04-08-2023 05:21 PM in
04-08-2023 08:22 PM in
I have tried multiple chargers, multiple USB cables but no luck. I have had 9 Galaxy phones since the Galaxy S3 was released and I have never seen anything like this before.
04-08-2023 08:29 PM in
Run the diagnostic test tool found in your Samsung Members App.
If necessary a Samsung Service Centre can assess the phone and it's charging port for you.
Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512Gb in Phantom Black.
The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "
04-08-2023 09:39 PM in
If no debris/water or damage and Diagnostics does not reveal an issue, idea to start phone in Safe Mode https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-to-start-my-galaxy-device-in-safe-mode/ on occasions some customers have found wiping the cache partition can solve this issue:
1. Turn off the device.
2. Connect To Computer or plug in USB-C Headphones , Press and hold the Volume Up key and then press and hold the Power key
3. When the Android logo displays, release all three keys.
4. Wait until the Android system recovery menu options appear.
5. Press the Volume down key several times to highlight wipe cache partition.
6. Press Power key to select.
7. Press the Volume down key to highlight yes, them and press the Power key to select.
8. When the wipe cache partition is complete, Reboot system now is highlighted.
9. Press the Power key to restart the device.
However if no solution best to have the device inspected as already suggested.
I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.
My Device- S21 Ultra 5G ( SM-998B/DS ) CSC= BTU , 12GB/256GB
One Ui 5.1,Android 13 .