Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sound notifications emit only through bluetooth NOT phone speaker

(Topic created on: 11-10-2022 04:08 PM)
ThoughtEater
Journeyman
Options

I don't always have my bluetooth in my ear.  Text notifications come out only through bluetooth.  I have been all through the settings but cannot find out how to make the text notification sounds come out through the phone speakers while my bluetooth is connected.

20 REPLIES 20
Ventor
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@ThoughtEater Hi, try resetting accessibility settings.Go to Settings/General administration/Reset/Reset accessibility settings.Greetings

"The quieter you become-the more you are able to hear..."

0 Likes
davehorne
Troubleshooter
Options

"Text notifications come out only through bluetooth."   Even with Bluetooth turned off?

I ask because I just started listening to music using an older set of speakers connected to a Bluetooth adaptor (for those speakers).  If I want to listen to anything from my phone, I always have to be sure to turn off the audio setting on my phone for that specific Bluetooth adaptor.  

A few times I would try to watch a YouTube video on my phone and there was no sound.  I had forgotten to turn off that specific Bluetooth adaptor.  

If this is not directly related to your issue, I apologize.

Watch4 Classic
Galaxy S24 Ultra / 512 GB / Microsoft Launcher / Spigen Thin Fit case
0 Likes
ThoughtEater
Journeyman
Options

If I turn the bluetooth off, no audio is sent via the bluetooth, by design.  But I cannot leave the bluetooth turned off, for if I do, then I am unable to use it for phone calls.

My previous Galaxy was used the same way I'm trying to use my new Galaxy phone - I would leave the bluetooth on all day, sitting on my desk.  If a text came in, the audible notification emitted from the phone speakers, alerting me to the text.  But this new Galxy phone does not do that... instead, it ports the notification audible to the bluetooth, where i cannnot hear it unless I always wear the bluetooth on my ear.

ThoughtEater
Journeyman
Options

Thanks, but still the audible notification comes out only through bluetooth speaker.

0 Likes
EnragedNinja
First Poster
Options

The only way i found to do this is install samsungs "Good Lock" and a module called "SoundAssistant" in that module near the bottom is a section called "External Audio Devices", select "Advance Settings" and uncheck/deactivate "Alert Through Headphones" or click the label to individually turn off ringtones/alarm/notifications

dj511185
First Poster
Options

Thank you for posting this! 

taran1900
First Poster
Options

This was the last thing I have tried on my S22 Ultra after trying all the other steps I could find. I have tried everything except a factory reset. In addition to notification sounds not going out of the phone speaker, vibrate no longer works. When did this all start for me? When Android 13 and UI 5.0 was pushed to my phone. I've engaged Samsung support to no avail. I wanted to have the Samsung techs take a look but Ausurion refused. They are sending me a full refund for the phone rather than troubleshoot the issue. I am going to try a factory reset and see if it works. Unbelievable.

Teletran 1
Student
Options

I am having this same issue with Galaxy S23 Ultra, plus I can't find this *good lock* app anywhere...help! Send url or point me in right direction 

0 Likes
Teletran 1
Student
Options

This didn't work for S23

0 Likes