Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Sound Lagging/Audio Not in Sync for Videos

(Topic created on: 13-03-2022 04:05 PM)
BasicZero
Pioneer
Options

Ok, so I've been noticing this recently and it's becoming more obvious. When I play YouTube videos or any videos on my S22 Ultra the audio is always a little late or further ahead than the person that's speaking on the video. It's much worse on my Galaxy Buds pro. Does anyone else have this issue?

I'm on the newest update with the ability to disable the game optimization service.
Just for an update
This issue no longer happens to me. Its been patched from what I know.
Go to solution
345 REPLIES 345
Members_tW2R8lE
First Poster
Options

After the last update I have this delayed audio problem as well. If I restart the phone it is OK but if someone calls me the audio goes to pot and turning the buds off makes no difference.  I have to restart the phone, this is simply not good enough on a flagship £1200 phone. I came back to samsung after using Sony for the last few years. At this rate it will be my last Samsung. Really annoyed by this! About to try one of the fixes listed early on in the thread but I think I have tried it already.

B1gdee05
Journeyman
Options
When watching media stream networks such as YouTube, Netflix and others without a wireless headset I experienced latency sound issue where there was a approximately 2 secs speech lag between video and sound.

This was resolved by the following actions:

1: Go into settings 

2: Select Apps

3: Search the media app with the issue

4: Select the force stop button at the bottom right.

5: Go into storage of the icon and select clear cache button at the bottom right.

6: Turn off phone for 20 secs, then turn back on.

I hope the above mentioned helps 

0 Likes
AnnieB684
First Poster
Options
So it has been fixed. Not sure how I done it actually 🤦‍♀️ I just cleared cache of all media, so Netflix, itv, bbc and YouTube apps. It's not come back again. It is disappointing. I'm now having issues with Google saying my home WiFi isn't secure and not encrypted. It won't open the link from an official email. Again never had such issues with such basic stuff on any other Samsung product. I've been all through my Google account to declare my home address and WiFi. I'm having to leave my s22 ultra and do everything on my tablet.
0 Likes
Members_bMI9M0U
First Poster
Options

Same problem with my s22 ultra!!! It's so annoying 🙄 

0 Likes
mashdk
Pioneer
Options

Did you, @AnnieB684 and @Members_bMI9M0U, install the update, that came Thursday/Friday?

It seems to have fixed the problem. 

0 Likes
Members_HFy7HWq
First Poster
Options

Same with my S22 ultra hope it get fixed soon

Viktoria_
Apprentice
Options

Hi, I have the same issue with my galaxy S22 :((

Panagiotis1
Student
Options

Got the same exact issue! All video content starts properly, then stops for 2-3 seconds and then continues with video not syncing to sound. Instagram, Facebook, YouTube you name it... Any permanent fixes?

0 Likes
Solution
mashdk
Pioneer
Options

Did you get and install the April update? (Software (Baseband) version:
S908BXXU1AVCJ

It fixed it for me, as Samsung promised. 

Members_JO0i8yt
First Poster
Options

I Fixed it on my phone (for now)

What I did was: settings, apps, youtube, forced stop. Directly after that: settings, apps, youtube, memory, clear cache. After that without doing anthing else I rebooted the phone. And that fixed it for at least 4 days now, I will update if anything changes.

0 Likes