Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Sound Lagging/Audio Not in Sync for Videos

(Topic created on: 13-03-2022 04:05 PM)
BasicZero
Pioneer
Options

Ok, so I've been noticing this recently and it's becoming more obvious. When I play YouTube videos or any videos on my S22 Ultra the audio is always a little late or further ahead than the person that's speaking on the video. It's much worse on my Galaxy Buds pro. Does anyone else have this issue?

I'm on the newest update with the ability to disable the game optimization service.
Just for an update
This issue no longer happens to me. Its been patched from what I know.

2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Solution
mashdk
Pioneer
Options

I have received acknowledgement of the problem and workaround from Samsung Members app. (I haven't tried it yet)

I received reply in a message poorly translated to Danish.

Here it is Google Translated back :winking-face:

-----

Problem Cause: After the audio was played over bluetooth, there was the problem that the size of the written data was updated incorrectly. Due to an incorrect size, the audio and video synchronization on the speaker was incorrect. Problem Countermeasure: We change the total size of written data to update normally, and the a / v synchronization problem will be fixed on Next MR. Until the next MR, we can solve it indirectly with the steps below. Whatever social media app it is, registering one app for bluetooth is enough to solve the problem. Settings -> sound and vibration -> Separate app sound -> turn on now-> app: Youtube audio device: bluetooth device. And restart the device.

View solution in context

Solution
mashdk
Pioneer
Options

Did you get and install the April update? (Software (Baseband) version:
S908BXXU1AVCJ

It fixed it for me, as Samsung promised. 

View solution in context

345 REPLIES 345
-Robot-
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
I just tried watching a YouTube video and had no issues at all, sound was completely in sync and no lagging

I have not disabled anything or tweaked my phone at all

BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

My experience with YouTube is the same as @-Robot- experience @BasicZero 

Try clearing the cache of the app in settings,  Apps,  YouTube,  storage,  clear cache 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
Juli3n
Hotshot
Options
I don't have audio lagging when using headsets or the Galaxy buds, but when watching a YouTube video while the audio is connected to my car, the audio is 1 sec lagging. There's an app (via Good lock I believe) that can help reduce Bluetooth audio lags but it should not lag with headphones though.
0 Likes
Madfish
Pathfinder
Options
I'm having a similar issue at the moment... watching Netflix, audio via Bluetooth through vehicle audio, if I get a call on my Bluetooth headphones all the audio goes to pot.

The ringtone (oem option) becomes broken and after the call when returning to viewing Netflix the audio is out about 2-3 seconds.

Pausing/playing the video doesn't help

Turning Bluetooth off/on doesn't help

Audio now lags regardless of what it comes through, vehicles ear buds or phone speakers...

Only option to get back to normal is reset the phone...

Very annoying
Felipe1307
Journeyman
Options

I just started experiencing this same issue. I've been using for 2 days and only today it started delaying audio from videos. Cleaning cache didn't work. 

BasicZero
Pioneer
Options
I've done fix not sure how long it will last but I've rebooted my phone and the lag has gone, not sure about earbuds yet tho
Felipe1307
Journeyman
Options
It worked for a few minutes and it's now delaying again 🙁

I guess I has something to do with the software update I done last night
Members_uwLosr9
First Poster
Options

Same exact issue please fix it 

Morol1980
First Poster
Options

I have the same issue after the latest update, really annoying. 

When a video is start it work for a few sec but then there is a micro pause and then the audio lag start. Have tried to pause and play again but it is still out of sync 

After reboot it works but not for long.