Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sim card unknown

(Topic created on: 05-03-2022 05:55 PM)
iJimbob
Journeyman
Options
Hi,

I'm running a duel sim setup on my S22 Ultra, Sim1 and esim, every now and then the Sim1 will say unknown, I have to switch the sim off and back on to get it to recognise, anybody experiencing the same.

Thanks

Jim
0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Yes I've experienced this on my Fold³ with only a physical sim in Slot 1.

My main sim card is in Sim Slot 1 of my Samsung Galaxy s²² Ultra and that shows my number @iJimbob 

I've known instances where a person has been supplied a sim card with a temporary mobile number on it while they port their mobile number from another network to supercede the temporary number on the sim card and this can cause issues.

A way round this is to ask the network to perform a sim swap moving the number onto a blank sim card.

Galaxy-a-series/why-does-my-new-sim-in-galaxy-not-show-phone-number-it-says. Is a similar thread.

From Samsung > Why-does-my-samsung-android-phone-list-my-phone-number-as-unknown-in-its-settings. 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

iJimbob
Journeyman
Options
I used this sim in my S21 Ultra for over a year with no issues, my main Sim is my esim but I will take a look at the thread you posted cheers.
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

OK @iJimbob 

I've not used an eSim in my Fold³ or Galaxy s²² Ultra so I can't compare.

I wish all the best. 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

Options
I've had countless problems with Samsung saying unknown.. try get a new sim from your provider.. giffgaff, ee had problems for me..
0 Likes