Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shutter sound?

(Topic created on: 08-09-2022 09:13 AM)
StormyWeather
Journeyman
Options
Hi, I'm a bit disappointed at how buggy the 1500 euro Samsung galaxy S22 Ultra is.. a Wiston for the team.  The shutter camera makes this annoying sound, every phone I've ever had has the possibility to switch off shutter sound in the settings but this phone does not.
I checked on Internet and everyone just says to put the phone on mute (crazy idiotic..) or shut off all system sounds. This looks like a bug to me. Why does my son's 100 euro phone have this, my old J5 and not the S22 Ultra? Any ideas or does anyone know if this is being looked into?
Thanks!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Neo001
Legend
Options

Hi @StormyWeather,

Indeed the feature is missing. I suggest that you raise it with Samsung Support via the Samsung Members app > Support > Send feedback > Ask questions.

I will also raise it. The more people send in the feedback, the more the chance that it will get implemented. But I agree, this basic feature should have been there already in the sound settings or in the camera app settings.

View solution in context

11 REPLIES 11
Tourbillon De La Vie
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

Try with camera feedback disabled in sounds and vibration/system sounds/vibration control 

0 Likes
Solution
Neo001
Legend
Options

Hi @StormyWeather,

Indeed the feature is missing. I suggest that you raise it with Samsung Support via the Samsung Members app > Support > Send feedback > Ask questions.

I will also raise it. The more people send in the feedback, the more the chance that it will get implemented. But I agree, this basic feature should have been there already in the sound settings or in the camera app settings.

Tourbillon De La Vie
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

Try setting up a Bixby routine which can mute the sound when camera app is opened and then unmute it when it closes 

0 Likes
StormyWeather
Journeyman
Options

Thanks Neo001 for a most useful reply. I do realize I can shut off sound, work out a crazy Bixby routine, download a third party app... but for a 1500 Euro phone, it really should be here. I can't really understand if Samsung forgot this or if there is a concrete reason. Thanks again, I will absolutely follow up on your suggestion and hope other follow us!

StormyWeather
Journeyman
Options

Further to @Neo001 's useful suggestion I wrote to assistance and just received this (very fast!) reply:

Hi,

I thank you for your feedback!

I will be sure to forward it to our relevant department.

Please be adviced that our R&D department is constantly working to implement software/hardware innovations necessary for the improvement of our products.

We are in the process of collecting all the reports made by our customers to bring them to the attention of the department in order to evalutate possible future implementations.

I thank you for your kind and welcome feedback.

For a company like ours, customer satisfaction is a primary goal.

Thank you for contacting us and remember that we are always at your  disposal!

Have a great day

Mirko

Samsung Customer Service

____

Now let's see if this was a chatbot or if somebody actually read it and consider it. 🙂

Rob99
Voyager
Options
It's my understanding that the shutter sound can not be disabled these days due to perverts taking sneaky pictures at swimming pools or playgrounds.
0 Likes
Stuie
Navigator
Options
Camera shutter can be silenced by simply turning off system volume in the volume settings
0 Likes
Cath23
First Poster
Options
I've got the same problem. In December it changed from the normal shutter sound to this really annoying one and I can't turn it off. Lots of people are saying to mute the phone but that's ridiculous for such an expensive phone. At least give us the option to choose a sound if we can't switch it off
0 Likes
Bringollie
First Poster
Options

I mean that is an entirely canned email, it barely even qualifies as a response. 

Of course it was quick they only had to ctrl c, v a couple times.

OP is right, this is (yet another) niggle with a record-breakingly expensive bit of kit. 

0 Likes