Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scratch with keys

(Topic created on: 02-03-2023 05:09 AM)
Line16
Apprentice
Options
I bought the S22 ultra couple of months ago, and when I put it in my bag I saw scratche in the screen, there were keys as well. Is it a cheaper smartphone to get scratched so easily?!
Does anyone know how can I get it fixed, please! 
0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Unfortunately keys and coins can mark your phone's display in the right circumstances which is made from Gorilla Glass Victus+

You could fit a glass screen protector which may hide the scratches @Line16 

Whitestone Dome do a good protector.

Other manufacturers sell glass screen protectors but I wouldn't use the versions that only have adhesive around the edges as thry tend to pop off.

To have the display replaced would come at a cost as the damage will be classed as accidental damage which isn'tcoveredunder the 2 year Manufacturers Warranty.

I keep my phone separate away from keys and coins and fit a Samsung Tpu Screen protector on my Samsung Galaxy s²² Ultra.

If I can be of any further help then please don't hesitate. Take care.  😎 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

Line16
Apprentice
Options
It's a very light scratch. I am so careful with my devices because I always trade in, and I chose not to put the protection on the glass because the marketing says that offers tough scratch resistance. Now with that I will not be able to exchange for the new model. I'm so dissatisfied with it! It's a shame for Samsung to have such an expensive cell phone and so easy to scratch the screen, and still do false advertising.
0 Likes
Line16
Apprentice
Options
BandOfBrithers thanks for your help 🙏🏻
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Glass is glass and anything harder than glass will scratch and break it.
The glass on the phone is more resistant to scratches.
But it won't be scratch proof. So a certain amount of care is required to look after the screen.
The Samsung Official screen protector is very good and not really that noticeable on the phone.
Line16
Apprentice
Options
I know it's glass, but I didn't rub the key on the screen, it was in my bag, it shouldn't scratch lightly... "Tough scratch resistance" they say
0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

You're very welcome for my reply @Line16 and I hope the advice I gave helps in some way.

I totally understand and appreciate your viewpoint.

As I said I choose to fit a screen protector to provide that barrier to help stop accidental damage and scratches.

Take care.

Line16
Apprentice
Options
It was very helpful! I'm going to buy a screen protector the type you said. You too take care.
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

OK @Line16 

If you need any additional information on how best to fit the Whitestone Dome Glass Screen Protector then give me a shout and I'll help.

Top Tip > ensure you carry out the fitment on a level work place so the silicone pool of adhesive stays put 👍 

If I can be of any further help then please don't hesitate. Take care.  😎 

Andrew2735
Pioneer
Options
To be honest you should had taken better care of the phone.
No matter what phone you buy from any company they can all get scratches.
phone glass scratches no matter what type of glass it is.
that is a fact.
0 Likes