Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung s22 wifi not finding network

(Topic created on: 02-07-2024 10:33 AM)
Members_dPnlnBm
First Poster
Options

Hello, I have a problem with my Samsung S22, my wifi no longer works overnight. I can activate the wifi, the icon lights up but it doesn't find any networks (even though it should find several). I tried resetting the network settings, I tried Safe mode, I even reset my phone. I have the latest version of Android (14) and One UI (6.1). I tried several tutorials on YouTube, with airplane mode techniques etc. but nothing worked. Can anyone help me or should I wait for a fix through a Samsung update?

0 Likes
15 REPLIES 15
Larry1937
Apprentice
Options

Are you sure that this only happens at night? The WiFi signal might simply be too weak for the phone to detect it in your bedroom.

0 Likes
Members_dPnlnBm
First Poster
Options

"overnight" was a translation error, I meant that it suddenly stopped working. No, I did it in a place where there were several wifi networks and with a strong signal.

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@Members_dPnlnBm: Based on the nature of your query, and the steps you have already taken, I recommend restarting your phone in Safe mode, as this will disable all third party apps and help to determine if the problem is stemming from an external source. 

To enter Safe mode, press and hold the Power button until the 'Power off' prompt appears on the screen then release > Touch and hold Power off until the 'Safe mode' prompt appears then release > To confirm, tap Safe mode.

With Safe mode active, head back to Settings > Connections > Wi-Fi > On, and check to see if any nearby networks are populated. If they are, then please restart your Galaxy S22 as you would normally and uninstall any apps that you have added to the device since you first encountered the issue. It won't be possible to determine exactly which app is at fault, therefore I recommend approaching this via a process of elimination. 

0 Likes
Members_dPnlnBm
First Poster
Options

I tried your technique but nothing changes, I reset my Samsung a second time without reinstalling anything so as not to have errors from external applications but that doesn't change anything, still the same error. No wifi available

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@Members_dPnlnBm: If the issue has persisted in Safe Mode, then please head to the Samsung Members app > Support > Phone diagnostics > Wi-Fi, and follow the on-screen instructions. If you encounter any issues, or if an 'Action required' notification is displayed in the summary, then I recommend sending an Error Report, so we can continue the investigation from a software and hardware perspective. 

To do this, please head to the Members app > Support > Send feedback > Error reports > Tap 'OK' to send System Log Data > Select the symptom, and include as much detail as possible. To ensure your logs accurately reflect the issue you're experiencing, we'd like you to submit your report within 5 minutes of encountering the problem. Our engineers will then investigate this and respond to you with a solution via the Members app. 

0 Likes
Members_dPnlnBm
First Poster
Options

Okay I made the report, I'm going to hope that this will be dealt with in an update soon because the problem is really annoying

0 Likes
jessicajones
First Poster
Options
Has your issue been resolved ? I'm having same problem. Also no bluetooth or mobile hotspot.
0 Likes
KOTR
Journeyman
Options
This seems to be an issue after the last update. I'm experiencing similar issues and so are a couple of others I know of.

It's only happened since the last update. I've even contacted my IP as Samsung said it was a bandwidth issue.

It clearly isn't.
0 Likes
KOTR
Journeyman
Options
However my issue only seems to be happening with the home network.
0 Likes