Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung S22 Ultra UK | Unable to OEM unlock | Toggle missing in Developer Options | KG state Active | OEM Lock ON(L) and ON(U1)

(Topic created on: 03-11-2022 01:48 PM)
Members_1HH33Hc
Student
Options

Hello everyone

Looking for some advice here. Samsung Galaxy user since the S2.

- Device works fine (unlocked, calls, data, apps etc etc)
- I intend to OEM unlock
- I intend to debloat, use magisk and lsposed, the lot..

- Download Mode shows the following
KG state : Active
FRP lock : Off
OEM lock : On(U1)  |  [this was at On(L) before I tried to OEM unlock via adb a few times.. ]

- Android / About Phone / Status Information shows the following:
Device Services : Enabled  |  [not sure if relevant]

I wonder if there is some restrictions (still) in place from when the device was purchased ? 

I feel this should not be more than a matter of someone flipping some toggle so that the phone receives some "good-to-go" signal via KnoxUpdate (or whatever it may be called)..

Thanks for any help you may have! Would hate to have to switch to a different brand.

EDIT 1:
This is about a Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra 512GB purchased from Samsung UK.
SalesCode/CID/AID : EUX
(Current) Build : S908BXXS2AVDB [I tried various firmwares via Odin, SW Rev 2, incl Android 13]

EDIT2: 
I have now been on calls with Samsung UK customer service and technical support, neither of which were able to help.

I also sent an email to Samsung UK but got a very unfortunate response: "We are not able to allow any changes to our systems in such ways as it may void the warranty on the Samsung device. Whatever system securities are in place are there to protect the phone, its software and the customer. We do not have any way of unlocking this as it could present vulnerabilities that usually are not present. I am sorry, but we are unable to assist with this."

My take would be that unless Samsung has some claim against my device (which they shouldn't), then it is none of their business what I do with MY device, and the option to OEM unlock is something that is the norm for everyone across Europe and the UK. If someone just forgot to remove the restriction after trade-in, then I should have the right to get it removed now ?! ... 

9 REPLIES 9
Tourbillon De La Vie
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

What is your phone model and where was it purchased 

Members_1HH33Hc
Student
Options

Thanks for the nudge, I edited the above accordingly, entirely forgot about that.

S22 Ultra from Samsung UK.

0 Likes
SadnoRootMan
Student
Options

So I'm in the same boat with with the fold3. My warranty expired and decided to unlock the bootloader get magisk and start experimenting with my phone. I had the toggle in my dev options.
I started the proccess, unlocked the bootloader, wiped the phone, flashed the fw with magisk, the unlock OEM toggle was grayed out in the off position, which lead the phone to not being able to actually apply the flashed fw. 

So i relocked the bootloader, wiped the phone and now the toggle has been gone since.

Annoying how Samsung pretends that they care about privacy and safety of your phone, but in the end its just data harvesting of their customers... First and last phone I buy from them

0 Likes
Tourbillon De La Vie
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

How does you having trouble rooting the phone equal to Samsung not caring about safety of the phone 

0 Likes
SadnoRootMan
Student
Options
One does not equal another, they care about your data, rooting and uninstalling their apps stops that. That's when they start caring
Members_KUU5cCx
First Poster
Options

Hello there - I’m in exactly the same boat, with my S22 Ultra SM-S908B. I thank you for posting that contacting Samsung is pointless.

0 Likes
Tourbillon De La Vie
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

Good thing is great majority of users who still like to root their phones have no trouble doing so. Exceptions exists but they are nothing more than just that 

0 Likes
mattmoo78
Journeyman
Options
oem unlock is done from Developer options, you'll find your toggle in there 😜

if you've had samsung galaxies from the get go you really should be knowing how to enable developer options

About phone>software information tap on Build number a number of times until it says "you're now a developer", come all the way back out, go into Developer options and find your OEM ulock toggle
0 Likes
EddieCush
First Poster
Options
Did you resolve this issue? I currently have the same problem with a s21 ultra. Have rooted around 50 Samsungs previously, it must be that kg state active 01
0 Likes