Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung S22 Ultra screen defect

(Topic created on: 21-02-2022 01:12 PM)
projectam
Journeyman
Options

There seem to be a lot of users mentioning faulty screens:

https://www.reddit.com/r/GalaxyS22/comments/sxbrtf/galaxy_s22_exynos_owners_reporting_defective/

Seems to be easily replicable. Those who received their phones, please try below steps.

- set the screen mode to natural, 120 Hz and WQHD
- Keep the default animated lock screen wallpaper.
- set up a fingerprint.
- lock and try unlocking the phone using a fingerprint.
- same screen issue shows up on the lock screen at the exact same location reported in the Reddit thread.

Same thing happens in screen mode natural and watching YouTube.

What is Samsung doing about this, as it is clearly not looking like an isolated case?

113 REPLIES 113
Rumen Moysev
Apprentice
Options

u/SativaNL from Reddit said there's a workaround. 

- chrome://flags/#disable-surface-control

Disable surface control in Chrome.

Please try this and say if you still experience this issue. (I can't test it cuz i don't have S22 ultra)

0 Likes
hawkeyestryker
Student
Options

I'm getting even worse resolution errors. As soon as I changed the Color Pallet it went crazy. It is now almost always giving me a black screen and the times it does start to work, it heavily glitches. Just received the phone last night. In the US as well so this is on the Snapdragon.

S22Ultra screen issues (3).jpg

0 Likes
Members_der5bnQ
First Poster
Options

the use version as well ! oh no Samsung what have you done 

0 Likes
Jeff_
Navigator
Options

Thanks for posting the update, but this problem is not just a limited number of S22 Ultras handsets as stated it can be replicated without fail, it's just that some people do not change to WQHD so they will not see the problem, but I for one are glad Samsung are looking into the Issue.

0 Likes
hawkeyestryker
Student
Options

i have changed the WQHD down to the FHD, lowest setting. It still is an issue. I am now just getting a black screen. I hard reset the phone and i can hear it boot up but can not see anything at all. I have tried connecting it to the PC as well. Still nothing. It has only got worse. Will take it into the TMobile store to see if we can get it fixed. 

0 Likes
Reepers
Journeyman
Options
This sorted the black screens I was getting in chrome!
Members_aiUQERT
Journeyman
Options

yes got this one. uninstalled the update and now testing if getting back

0 Likes
hawkeyestryker
Student
Options

Now, will not turn out screen at all. Perpetually black. Unacceptable for their flagship phone on preorder...

0 Likes
tweetatoo
Navigator
Options

I have the same issue.

Received my Note 22 Ultra today and I keep noticing issues with the display flickering and even going completely black, especially on Chrome.

I am using an Adaptive Mode with WQHD+ resolution. In games as well comparing that with Note 20 Ultra, the color especially in gradients feel like 2-Bit mode!!

Unbelievable!

tweetatoo
Navigator
Options

Can anyone confirm whether this is a hardware or a software issue?!

0 Likes