Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung S22 Ultra screen defect

(Topic created on: 21-02-2022 01:12 PM)
projectam
Journeyman
Options

There seem to be a lot of users mentioning faulty screens:

https://www.reddit.com/r/GalaxyS22/comments/sxbrtf/galaxy_s22_exynos_owners_reporting_defective/

Seems to be easily replicable. Those who received their phones, please try below steps.

- set the screen mode to natural, 120 Hz and WQHD
- Keep the default animated lock screen wallpaper.
- set up a fingerprint.
- lock and try unlocking the phone using a fingerprint.
- same screen issue shows up on the lock screen at the exact same location reported in the Reddit thread.

Same thing happens in screen mode natural and watching YouTube.

What is Samsung doing about this, as it is clearly not looking like an isolated case?

113 REPLIES 113
Members_fioTJEE
First Poster
Options

I am getting the same issue and also another screen flickering issue in the Bing app. 

0 Likes
Members_g1ZIedB
Student
Options

Same issue reported in mine. Looks like majority of exynos version s22 have same issue. Samsung has to provide some update

0 Likes
yfzeng
Explorer
Options
The amd gpu of exynos 2200 must be the reason cause it Samsung please explain it to european market.....
0 Likes
projectam
Journeyman
Options

This is happening for many and I suspect as many receive their orders from today onwards we are going to see a growing number of these defects:

https://linksharing.samsungcloud.com/yO6uihNeKLU3

yfzeng
Explorer
Options
@samsung please explain it
0 Likes
John19691969
Hotshot
Options
Here we go again !! Rush job again ...
0 Likes
Sarmad8
First Poster
Options
Just received mine and I have the same issue. If you select qwhd display and screen mode as natural this issue appears. Goes away in fhd or if you choose vivid. Hope its something that can be fixed with a software update
0 Likes
projectam
Journeyman
Options

This is not acceptable on a £1k+ phone! Quality control has gone out the window, whilst yet again Europe is being the guinea pig to these inferior chips Samsung is pushing out.

projectam_0-1645450306507.jpeg