Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung S22 Ultra screen defect

(Topic created on: 21-02-2022 01:12 PM)
projectam
Journeyman
Options

There seem to be a lot of users mentioning faulty screens:

https://www.reddit.com/r/GalaxyS22/comments/sxbrtf/galaxy_s22_exynos_owners_reporting_defective/

Seems to be easily replicable. Those who received their phones, please try below steps.

- set the screen mode to natural, 120 Hz and WQHD
- Keep the default animated lock screen wallpaper.
- set up a fingerprint.
- lock and try unlocking the phone using a fingerprint.
- same screen issue shows up on the lock screen at the exact same location reported in the Reddit thread.

Same thing happens in screen mode natural and watching YouTube.

What is Samsung doing about this, as it is clearly not looking like an isolated case?

113 REPLIES 113
Morfio
Apprentice
Options

Hmm in the UK similar ish problems with my new shiny s22 ultra... screen keeps going black in chrome and sometimes the pages freeze/vibrate... is this something I'm stuck with? 🤔🤔

0 Likes
Tomivor
Apprentice
Options
Please be careful for those of us with migraine, motion sickness and Flashing seizure.

Samsung s22U (SD8G1) screen major problem. 

MaxTech youtuber review: 

0 Likes
Ippocampo
Voyager
Options

Hi , 

i would like to suggest you to update your resource , because it was already confirmed that "gos" is a cause for drop down the performance of galaxy phones and they ( 3 days ago ) released a new patch to let people to disable those services. And when that video was uploaded doenst have the new firmware. And also... the S22 still have a lot of problems here and there , probably caused by the new gpu  but they will fix as soon as possible ( i hope ) .  It's hard to keep update on these kind of things because everyday there is something new :smiling-face:   Have a nice day 

0 Likes
Tomivor
Apprentice
Options

Using the latest firmware released on 1st March for Snapdragon 8 Gen 1 set. Firmware version: S908EXXU1AVBF

Google Play Store on auto-update and manually forced update 12 hourly at 6am and 6pm. 

Tried various combinations:

-Firmware update,
-Re-format,
-Wipe Cache partition,
-Disable Adaptive Brightness,
-Disable Extra Brightness,
-Toggle vivid/natural screen mode,

-Toggle FHD/WQHD,
-Toggle Standard Motion/Adaptive motion,
-Toggle Video Brightness: Normal/Bright.

Screen brightening and Dimming issues still exist.

Samsung Amoled really problematic.

0 Likes
Members_IK27avA
Student
Options

Thank you,  

I was going mental over the problem of my screen going black on some pages on chrome.  After trying this link and disabling surface control the problem is solved.  My s22 ultra is now perfectly without any black screens on chrome

0 Likes
Members_IK27avA
Student
Options

Thank you,  

I was going mental over the problem of my screen going black on some pages on chrome.  After trying this link and disabling surface control the problem is solved.  My s22 ultra is now working perfectly fine. 

0 Likes
Mat L
First Poster
Options

I can't believe I haven't seen a single non-Ultra owner reporting this.

My new S22 regular arrived today and after a bit of tinkering started displaying the glitch as well.

0 Likes
Tyw7
First Poster
Options

I'm having random screen glitches like below.

I had a mobile van come out to repair the device but the guy said nothing was wrong hardware wise.

V618IMX.jpg

0 Likes
JohnSheridan
First Poster
Options
I'm having this issue on my Exynos UK S22U. It's happening whilst settings are set to Vivid. Is there still no solution??
0 Likes