Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung S22 Drops call and then won't connect another call until reboot

(Topic created on: 06-01-2023 05:00 PM)
kmarrocco2
First Poster
Options

I recently got a new S22 phone and occasionally it has dropped a call.  When I try to redial to reconnect the call, the phone quickly says "Call Ended" and it will not connect the call.  I cannot make calls until I reboot the phone.   Is anyone else having this problem and is there a known solution?  This has happened about 5 times.  Thanks for the help.  

12 REPLIES 12
John19691969
Hotshot
Options
The Only thing you can do what I've seen on here with people with the same problem is put on 3g/2g in settings to make calls that's what other people are doing until fix comes from Samsung
I personally would not except that and would send back for my money back or replacement but that's up too you if you search this site many customers have same problem as you...hope this helps and remember you have 21 days to return phone after that it's repair only if a software fix does not come
John19691969
Hotshot
Options
0 Likes
zonedar
First Poster
Options

I've got that same problem on my new (last week) ATT branded S22 Ultra.  In fact it is really similar to a problem that I had with my previous Note 8.  Att told me it was because they were turning off 3G and that the Note 8 didn't support VOLTE.  So new S22 Ultra.

Also have gotten a message when it's supposed to be making phone calls through WiFi that it couldn't be authenticated (or something similar).  Again had to reboot.

Not sure this is Samsung's problem or ATT, but it needs to get fixed.

0 Likes
Members_31iKd1w
Apprentice
Options

I have read that turning 4G and 5G off can help.

A way of doing this might be to use Bixby Routines and during a call set the network mode to 2G/3G and at the end of the call reverse the action.  I don't know if this will work but at the moment my phone is unusable. 

Samsung is really poor at support and good at charging £1300 for a phone that doesn't work.   Whilst I don't like Apple they would not let this happen.  Shame on you Samsung.

Vandolphin
First Poster
Options

My wife and I recently got new phones, S22 for her, S22+ for me. Both our phones do the same thing-drop calls often and then not allow a redial or make any call. It just hangs up immediately. It takes several minutes to clear before it will make another call. Haven't had to restart phone,  just wait a few minutes. Very inconvenient! Samsung, this needs to be addressed in the next update!

0 Likes
MargS22
First Poster
Options

Have a standard S22. It always restarts to 5G. The fact that it's the phone that restarts and works find all day after the restart makes me believe it's not my network, because I'm not changing anything on the network to get the phone to stop dropping calls, just restarting my phone. I've also tried immediately going back to 2/3G connection and it's the phone restart that fixes the problem. The phone worked fine for about 6 months and only started doing this in the last week or so. A real PIA..... It seems like, for the last 6 days or so, I've had to restart my phone once a day. It works fine after I restart it, but then I have to restart the next day.

0 Likes
Armchair
First Poster
Options

Mine is doing the same thing for the last few weeks.

0 Likes
Spiro116
First Poster
Options

I have the same problem with my S22 on Verizo. 

0 Likes
EdJsuarez
First Poster
Options

Same with mine, with Verizon.  Have to reboot to have it not disconnect on calls.

0 Likes