Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung or...

(Topic created on: 13-02-2022 08:44 PM)
Amir2099
Pioneer
Options
Hey everyone. I'm looking to upgrade from my galaxy s10 standard model and I've got an eye on the new s22 series.

However, looking at things online the performance (chipset) and battery life probably won't be as long as an IPhone 13 and I need good battery.

I dunno is it worth a switch? I feel i am looking for a reason to stay in Samsung. Lemme know what you guys think. 

I dont wanna jump all in on Apple either cos I like my Surface laptop 4 lol.

Would be extra lovely if former iPhone users can chime in with their perspective 

Much love ❤️ 
14 REPLIES 14
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Well until the reviews proper come out it's difficult to say.
Clearly the performance of the new phones are going to be better.
You say about battery. Is your current phone OK for your needs?
Battery life should be definitely a step up to your S10. Software tweeks will enable better battery life balanced with performance.
Plus the S22 if you go for that has a larger battery
Nitesh95
Helping Hand
Options
Hey,

I have the Note10+ but I've now traded it in for the S22Ultra.

Personally, I've been with Samsung for years, and I literally can't fault their technology etc.

Everything about the phone is perfect, more so the storage, you'll never run out of storage especially with the Samsung/Google connection and Google storage.

The battery life on Samsungs to me, are fine, as usually I fully charge every night or if I have time, in the morning, but note that, with new phones, the battery will adapt and memorise your usage of the device overtime, likely within the first 2wks to understand how you use the device, which is where Samsung handy battery tips are helpful, such as sleeping mode etc.

iPhone batteries are also good, although I cannot compare, Personally it all comes down to the usage of the phone.

Overall, my Note10+ still gets just over a day of battery, despite being around 2.5years old.
Nitesh95
Helping Hand
Options
Also on the battery conversation, I've read that 5G is a battery killer, but im not how true that is.
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Think it used to be, but the software AI is a lot better and can adjust for this. You do have the option to turn it off if your not in a 5G area.
Currently my z Fold 3 doesn't suffer and the S22 range will be better. Will find out when I get my S22 Ultra
Honzicek42
Explorer
Options
Hi 👋 I would go to the IPhone..its my opinion my all of family they have been using IPhone 6plus 7 plus and IPhone 12 Pro max absolute not problem the battery is good 👍 👌 performance is great 👍 👌 all system IOS running smoothly none drain battery really stunning all of iphones ..when sell my Samsung go to the IPhone even to Iphone 11 yes
Amir2099
Pioneer
Options
My current phone is OK.. except for the battery which doesn't last me all day. I'm using adaptive battery power, low resolution, putting apps to either sleep or deep sleep. Just the battery. I'm a tech nerd as well so I want an upgrade anyway lol
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
I know with the S22 Ultra, if you have Bluetooth on, WiFi etc.
If its not being used, the software will put them to sleep. There are various other battery saving adjustments the software does. Think the rest of the range has this as well.
Whether it would last you all day still, is down to your usage and what background processing various apps are doing.
Whatever you decide, the new phones will last longer than the one you have now
Amir2099
Pioneer
Options
Thanks mate, I appreciate your help. One last question: I have FOMO when I see that apple chips are great and perhaps the exynos and qualcom needs some work. From your experience do you think this matters?
0 Likes
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
I'm not going to dress things up, but recently the Exynos chips have not been that great. But apparently these new ones are a step up and from what I'm hearing, the latest Snapdragon has some issues. Time will tell.
Apple are the masters at selling, yes there chip is very good. But don't forget that they can optimise the software better as they have a limited range of devices.
I have an iPhone 12 Pro Max as well. Honestly for me personally, I couldn't have an iPhone as my only phone.
Works brilliantly, but it's just, well, boring. I'm used to the features and customisation that android gives me.
Best thing is to research the differences and go into a shop to get hands on.
Make a list of what you want and enjoy from a phone.
Then you should have a better idea of what you want.
Maybe go up in the range, I know it costs more, but you obviously get better specifications