Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra - change the country of Origin

(Topic created on: 09-06-2023 12:25 PM)
RajPat
Journeyman
Options
I purchased the handset as open box from the eBay in the UK. I was told it is an UK version. As I was having problem with using Samsung wallet I contacted Samsung. They told me that this handset is for the Greece market and not UK so the wallet will not work. The handset works fine in other aspects. I am wondering if it is possible at all to change that so I can use the Samsung wallet. Any help or suggestions most welcome. Thank you. 
0 Likes
11 REPLIES 11
Brunswick
Pathfinder
Options
Hello, why don't you use Curve for Samsung Pay. My S22U is from Hong Kong and works just fine with everything
-Robot-
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Handsets are tied to the country they was originally purchased, and subject to the restriction of that country.

I would return it if I was you and get a refund
PaulC59
Troubleshooter
Options
You could try sending and enquiry to Samsung. I know country of origin can be changed in your Samsung account but I think it's a different process for devices but an enquiry to Samsung should confirm what is possible, if I'm not mistaken the unlock number is on the retail box. I've also read that making a 5 min phone call removes the region lock but that may just be for the first time. I suspect it may need different firmware as there could could be regulations specific to each country etc? I would generally avoid devices from other countries etc to avoid the risk of being stuck with a stolen device etc so if it's too much trouble or risk, as suggested return the device as it was sold to you not as described. Hope this is helpful https://www.samsung.com/ae/support/mobile-devices/how-to-request-to-change-the-country-settings-and-...
bikas
Apprentice
Options
I had the same issue when I purchased my S9+.

The best way that worked for me is to go to service centre, and request a reset.

They'll then reset your phone with UK firmware.
-Robot-
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Making a 5 min call, it's for the sim lock not region lock on the firmware
-Robot-
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
I am not aware of this, as far as I know they aren't supposed to do that

DarksideofTheGalaxy
Pathfinder
Options
Hiya I had the same problem so I got on to samsung they told this handset was for Hungary. And I was told to send it neck to Amazon. And I got my momey back. Luckily I still had my galaxy s20 ultra. So got my money back. And now a year later and now I got the galaxy s23 ultra samsung wallet. Works fine.its put me off buying any more phones off moon or ebay. So I say send it back and get money back good luck with that
Snapper99
Voyager
Options
Daughter had a similar problem, she took a UK market phone to Australia, that was then stolen and was replaced with a Australian market phone (same model).
When she came back with the phone the Samsung store she went to could flash it with the UK software but it would revert back to the original settings at the next monthly update.
Current Phone S23 Ultra (1TB)
RajPat
Journeyman
Options
Thanks guys for very helpful comments. I will contact Samsung to see if they can do anything. The seller says it's UK version but now I know it is not. I believe the UK version is s908BZKGEUB. My handset says S908BZKHEUX. Any help or comments. Thank you again!