What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy S22 notification and ringtone keep reverting to default

(Topic created on: 04-04-2022 09:46 AM)
Options

I recently acquired a Galaxy S22. I have changed the notification and ringtone several times from those that were present after activating the phone but they keep reverting back after a 'period' of time. I can't figure out what it is that keeps putting them back. 

I did own an S21 Ultra prior to this phone and its sounds were not those this phone keeps reverting to, so I conclude it is not due to some kind of settings restore post change-over. 

Any ideas what is causing my sounds to revert?

4 REPLIES 4
Phish56
First Poster
Options

I have the same issue. I purchased my phone on April 15th, and it's been nothing but "Cosmic Radio" as a ringtone since. I can Choose another ringtone, it will last a few hours or so, but never more than a day. I've been to T-Mobile many times including a full factory reset, I've also dealt with Samsung repair services remotely. Their solution is for me to mail my phone in and then receive a phone in about a week after they inspect my current phone. I told them I'm not going to be without a phone for a week due to their equipment issues...

So I currently still have the same issues as of today June 9th 2022.

Options
I found the issue. I used an app called "Sound Profile". The settings for this became 'confused' when the settings were transferred from the S21 to the S22.
Simply going into the app and correcting the profiles fixed my issue.
Greg Hess
First Poster
Options

Hello SpongeBob, I do not see this app. Are you referring to the settings called Adapt Sound that let's you pick a custom sound profile based on age or make a custom one? Or the sound assistant app from Good Lock? Or neither? Thanks!

Oleh Subbota
First Poster
Options

Same story here. I'm trying to set a notification sound which is different from the default one, and after some time it resets back to the default. 

Sometimes it even uses them both but for different apps. So that one app uses sound that i set and another uses the default one. Kinda confusing.....

S22, Aug 12, 2022