Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S22 WiFi disconnection

(Topic created on: 09-10-2022 01:04 AM)
robablob
Explorer
Options
Hi

I've had my s22 for about 3 months now. I've been having a problem with my home WiFi. When I am far enough from my router for the signal to drop to 2 "bars", it disconnects and switches to 4g. It then doesn't reconnect automatically to WiFi or at least not until I'm much close to the router. Also, sometimes when I leave home and come back, the WiFi takes time to reconnect to my router. I don't use other WiFi when I'm out so cannot comment on behaviour with other routers.

I previously had an s9 connecting to the same router and it never had this problem so it's definitely something related to my s22.
I've tried a full phone factory reset but no change. Connection is on 5Ghz band.
Has anyone else has similar problems and any suggestions to troubleshoot? 

Thanks
3 REPLIES 3
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Try forgetting the network in your phone and then reset it back up.

My router uses both 2.4ghz and 5ghz connections automatically however not all routers do so it maybe beneficial to split the frequencies in your router if it allows this and then connect to one or the other so see which is best @robablob 

I wish you all the best. Take care.  😎 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
robablob
Explorer
Options
Thanks @BandOfBrothers
I reset my phone and had to type in the WiFi details from scratch so I think that covers the forget network scenario. Although possible that smart switch restore from backup also restored the WiFi settings. So will try
Will also try splitting router bands and will report back on results
0 Likes
robablob
Explorer
Options
So I found an option under WiFi advanced settings to turn off automatically switching to 4/5G when WiFi signal is low. Seems to have helped somewhat although still finding WiFi stops working when I've moved far enough away to get 2 bars of WiFi reception so still seems like a problem. Will try using 2.4hz connection for a bit and see if it helps
0 Likes